Cosmetic counters & 18 and under

warships

Which cosmetic counters, if any, allow 16-18 year olds to work for them? I was wondering if Benefit did.. but couldn't find an answer online.
Thanks in advance!
smiles.gif

astronaut

I talked to one of the managers at Macy's for an interview and told her that I wanted to work at a cosmetics counter, preferably Clinique one day after I get some experience in the regular departments and become 18. She told me that I could actually have a second interview for a position with the counter manager if they had an opening (which she checked, and they didn't) I asked her if I was still able to work in a cosmetic counter even if I had no previous sales experience and she said that if they think you are capable, then they'll put you in that department.

I guess it just all depends on where it is and how the managers are. The Clinique site said that one had to have a high school diploma and I've heard that sales experience is usually strongly recommended since cosmetics is commissioned. And yet I was reccomended for the cosmetics department, with the manager knowing that I am 16 (turning 17 in November).

Also, the manager told me that the best way to get into cosmetics if you havn't worked there before is to work in the other departments and work your way to be tranferred to the cosmetics department later on. She said that that's how most of the consultants and MA's end up working for the counters.