Cosmetic Shopping in London

ChloeCariad

Hi guys!

I'm going on a makeup spending spree in Central London in June - Anyone know which counter are best to hit up? I will also be going to MAC Pro. Also, any other brands that are hard to get hold of in perso? Like, NYX, Kryolan, Ben Nye etc.

Any prime spots! I'm all ears!

I'll be staying in Victoria, but definitely will travel anywhere in the Zone1 and 2 area.

Thanks!

anita22

If you're after MUFE and other professional brands, you could also try PAM:
Makeup artists provisions

At the Westfield shopping mall in Shepherd's Bush, you'll also find:
- Inglot (Polish brand - there's a thread on it in the Cosmetic Discussion section) - worth a look as it's great quality and relatively cheap
- The Makeup Store
- An enormous Boots with counters from most of the big cosmetic lines

At Selfridges, you'll find:
- Trish McEvoy
- Laura Mercier
- Shu Uemura
- Illamasqua
- Suqqu (I think?)

There's also one more Screenface store somewhere in London besides the Covent Garden store I believe, I forget where but it's on their website.

ChloeCariad

Thank you Anita, I had already thought about Inglot, and started looking at the Tube map for the travel possibilities haha!

Does anyone know if you can buy Stars Makeup Haven in the UK at all? As opposed to online?

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeCariad
Thank you Anita, I had already thought about Inglot, and started looking at the Tube map for the travel possibilities haha!

No worries. Also I just remembered, if you do end up going to the Westfield, the Superdrug there also carries Sleek makeup.

LisaOrestea

Definatly spend your money at the MAC PRO store in carnaby street rather than the counter in selfridges! The staff in selfridges are really rude, but the PRO staff are lovely
smiles.gif

ChloeCariad

Anita - Thanks, I have a nice shiny new Sleek at home though! But last year, I hunted high and low for a Sleek counter, so I~ will be sure to check it out if anything new comes out around that time!

Thanks Lisa - I went last year, but as it wasn't a "make up trip" I didn't have much time in the Pro. they were lovely though. I went to the Selfridges in Oxford Street and whilst the girl was polite, she didn't have a clue what she was looking for. Love that Look just came out and I literally had to pull her over to the display when I wanted Rater R and Smoke and Diamonds. I get that MUA's don't have to remember everything, it's impossible, but they should be up on the collections. Espcially the name of it, which she didn't know!!

LittlePea

Hello,
I would second the Covent Garden Suggestion. You have ScreenFace there, but also if you head to Neal Street, you have another MAC pro store, a huge Benefit Store, a lovely Shu Uemura Store, and if you head down behind the market you will find Charkes Fox, where you can get Kryolan, Dermablend, Becca, and loads of reasonably prices kit stuff.