Could someone explain Paypal?

-moonflower-

Please? I'm afraid I don't quite understand it and the website isn't very clear.
th_dunno.gif

I have a few questions.
What is CC paypal? I've seen a few people mention it here.
Can I use my bank account or laser card to set it up? I don't have a credit card.
Are there any fees to use it? If so, how much? Do they increase if I buy things in a currency other than my own (Euro)?
If I use my bank account do I have to put the money into my Paypal a/c before I make a purchase or can it just take the money direct from my bank?

I'm sure I'll have other questions later but I'd be really grateful if someone could answer these, because I'd really like to start buying makeup off the girls here.

MissResha

Quote:
Originally Posted by -moonflower-
Please? I'm afraid I don't quite understand it and the website isn't very clear.
th_dunno.gif

I have a few questions.
What is CC paypal? I've seen a few people mention it here.
Can I use my bank account or laser card to set it up? I don't have a credit card.
Are there any fees to use it? If so, how much? Do they increase if I buy things in a currency other than my own (Euro)?
If I use my bank account do I have to put the money into my Paypal a/c before I make a purchase or can it just take the money direct from my bank?

I'm sure I'll have other questions later but I'd be really grateful if someone could answer these, because I'd really like to start buying makeup off the girls here.

CC paypal = paypal is hooked up to your credit card, or one of your credit cards. there is usually a fee involved with this. i dont know how much it is, its been a while since i've used my cc, but its around a dollar or two.

the best thing for you to do is to call them with any questions, they are pretty good at answering the phone in a timely manner, or you can have them call you. everybody wins.

and yea, you can set it up to where if you pay for something it comes out of your bank acct. instantly. this is how i always pay for things. you can also transfer money from your bank acct. to your paypal and vice versa. but it takes a few days.

paypal is great. just be careful not to open any of the emails you get from them because you never know if its hacker email. this happened to my aunt and someone wiped her account clean.

-moonflower-

Thanks for your help!

So I can just make an account with them, put in my bank details and they'll handle the rest?

MissResha

no prob
winks.gif
i cant remember the exact details...but i think they either verify your bank via phone or some other kinda way, so that its secure and then you're good to go.

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by -moonflower-
Thanks for your help!

So I can just make an account with them, put in my bank details and they'll handle the rest?

Yeah, add your account details and then they deposit 2 small amounts into your account which you then enter when prompted to prove the account you're adding is yours.

They'll also call your hse phone on the landline no you've provided (you give them the go ahead to do so whilst you're sat at your PC/laptop so the call is done immediately) and when you answer you hear an automated msg which'll give you a 4 digit code that again you enter onto the site.

It'll take about a week to get it all sorted as you have to wait for the 2 deposits to appear on your online banking/statement before you can 'do' anything.