Counterfeit Barbie products?

Shepherdess

Hi guys,

I really need your help deciding whether or not these two blushes are fake. I recently purchased them off of ebay and received them today in the mail. I absolutely adore the barbie line and unfortunately missed out so I decided to go ahead and buy both blushes.

When I opened the package I noticed that the Barbie blush in Fab didn't have the white logo on the top, didn't have the barbie logo on the boxes & also the box it came in looked like the typical fake black scratched box.
angry.gif

Here is a picture of both the blushes together (please forgive me if the pictures are too big or Ive done this wrong, Its my first time posting pictures on the internet
blush-anim-cl.gif
)

DSC04582.jpg

Boxes picture: (Fab on the right with Don't Be Shy on the left)

DSC04588.jpg

If you require any more close ups please ask, I'll try to get them as close as possible, I must warn you Im a terrible photographer and its taken me a while to get these up on there lol. If you could post pictures of your barbie blushes I'd appreciate it as it would help me to compare them.

TIA.
winkiss.gif

Shepherdess XxXx

Xqueeze_me

From what I can recall, Barbie Loves MAC's 1st run/batch has a white imprint of MAC on the window/see-thru cover and the 2nd run/batch has a black imprint of MAC on the window/see-thru cover. They both look ok from the pictures you have up..

Not sure if the 2nd run/batch has the word "Barbie" printed on the side of the box though.

redambition

Xqueeze_me is right - the 2nd batch of Barbie products had the standard black MAC imprint on the clear domed lid.

panda0410

The imprints in both the blushes look OK too - the fakes had the imprints that were offset instead on centred and they were also inconsistent witrh depth - some of the fakes barely had any imprint while some of the other fakes had very inconsistent imprints - ie one side of barbies head was more deeply imprinted than the other. Both you blushes look quite consistent
smiles.gif

BJ1077

did the barbie blushes have the finish of the blush imprinted on the sticker. A friend of mine is swapping for a barbie blush don't be shy and in the picture she sent me the back sticker says don't be shy and underneath satin...like the eyeshadows do.

^^^^ Um, that's some wrong info in the previous post. The blushes were Don't Be Shy and Fab. The eyeshadows were Moth Brown, Springtime Skipper, Playful, Whistle, Beautyburst, and Magic Dust.

And the blushes do have formulas, like the shadows. Some of the labels indicate the blushes' formula and some don't. I can't speak specifically for the Barbie blushes though.

redambition

don't be shy was definitely a blush.

Satin is also a legit MAC blush formula.. but I am not sure what formula don't be shy was.

snugglebear4now

I saw a barbie e/s on ebay yesterday w/the name ombretta..it didnt seem familiar so I searched and found out that ombretta mean eyeshadow in italian. Needless to say it was a fake