Counterfeit eye shadows on eBay from Kent, UK - spiciesteve

sparkler

just browsing ebay and came across this guys items, mac eyeshadows with just numbers as shades...

am i right in saying they're fake? i soooo wanna message him if they are!

almost forgot to add the link, duh! here you go!

just noticed as well, mac eyeshadows aren't £14, are they?

sparkler

i just messages the seller of this item asking her the shade name, "cause there are so many fakes on ebay these days, you have to be careful, you know?..."

haha, just for shits and giggles like..

dangerousmuffins

Hi - Yeah - Any shadow, except the older mineralized eyeshadows, will not have numbers. Those shadows, from the link you gave, are definitely fake.

sparkler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkler
i just messages the seller of this item asking her the shade name, "cause there are so many fakes on ebay these days, you have to be careful, you know?..."

haha, just for shits and giggles like..

well, the person replied to my message about the pigment

"Hi there, the colour of this pigment is called Steel Blue. This particular product was a limited edition colour out last year - the most similar colour that MAC currently do is the Teal shade.

I had a friends who worked for MAC so this a genuine product. Hope this helps."

only just realised it says "steel blue" in the description! doh!

caffn8me

Counterfeit eye shadows from Kent, UK on eBay - spiciesteve

Seller: spiciesteve
Seller location: Kent, UK
Site: eBay
Store: Only M·A·C items - All health & beauty - All items

Items identified as counterfeit:
Notes:
No genuine M·A·C colour names used in the auction listing - just a shade number in the description

On the first attached picture you can see the incorrect eye shadow lid inserts referred to in the thread Identifying fake MAC eyeshadows - ***detailed guide with photos***

Eyeshadow box is incorrect - it only has a single walled front - see here

Box font is incorrect.

Seller has been selling fake M·A·C at least since the start of July 2006 and has sold or is in the process of selling 48 eye shadows.

Listed RRP is incorrect. UK RRP is £10, not £14

Seller has 100% positive feedback
icon_eek.gif

Items above reported to eBay as counterfeit 15 Aug 2006​
Pictures:

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith130
wow those are good fakes I wouldn't think twice when buying. thanks.

But not good enough
greengrin.gif

sparkler

i sent a question to the seller of this pink eyeshadow earlier today asking for the shade name - cause i think it's a fake one (i like going on fake-hunts on ebay now
greengrin.gif
)

and this is her reply:

"hi,i don't know,my friend gave it 2 me 4 my birthday but my baby peeled off the sticker from the back,thats why i'm not sure wat colour it is,but its a pink shimmer shade,hope this helps,
thnxz!!!!!!!!!"

riiiiiiiiight......
hmm.gif

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkler
i sent a question to the seller of this pink eyeshadow earlier today asking for the shade name - cause i think it's a fake one (i like going on fake-hunts on ebay now
greengrin.gif
)

and this is her reply:

"hi,i don't know,my friend gave it 2 me 4 my birthday but my baby peeled off the sticker from the back,thats why i'm not sure wat colour it is,but its a pink shimmer shade,hope this helps,
thnxz!!!!!!!!!"

riiiiiiiiight......
hmm.gif

Very interesting. Thanks for that. Definitely fake.

Note that spiciesteve lists this with the description;

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiciesteve
Gorgeous MAC Eyeshadow Olive Green Shimmer BN RRP £14

Gorgeous MAC eyeshadow

In shade no. 7 - a pretty shimmer olive green colour

High Pigmentation

Easy to Apply & Blend

Vibrant Colour that Lasts All Night

MAC – Voted as Best Eyeshadow in the “Style Beauty Awards 2006”

Brand New in Box

Size – 1.5g

RRP – £14

Please check out my other auctions xx

and samnabzdabest lists this;

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnabzdabest
BN Gorgeous MAC Eyeshadow Olive Green Shimmer RRP £14

Gorgeous MAC eyeshadow

In shade no. 7 - a pretty shimmer olive green colour

High Pigmentation

Easy to Apply & Blend

Vibrant Colour that Lasts All Night

MAC – Voted as Best Eyeshadow in the “Style Beauty Awards 2006”

Brand New in Box

Size – 1.5g

RRP – £14

If they're not the same person they both went to the same counterfeiting classes! I'll write up a full report of samnabzdabest shortly.

minisprite

ebay.co.uk seller "spiciesteve" selling fakes

Just reported this person and their items to ebay.

Also sent the following to maccosmetics.co.uk customer service. Whether it will do any good I do not know, but hey, I tried.

<i>"I have noted a lot of fake MAC items being sold on eBay by British sellers. This link is to an item from a seller who has many such "Mac" eyeshadows, and is just one example of the many fakes being sold;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gorgeous-MAC-E...QQcmdZViewItem

This problem seems to be very common on UK Ebay right now, and a lot of people are paying for false and potentially unsafe products bearing the MAC logo.

Ebay has a vendor authentication scheme called VerRO which allows companies to work with eBay to eliminate this kind fo fraud. I do not know if MAC has joined this scheme, but it would seem advisable to do so.

As a cult brand with little advertising and limited retail exposure, MAC is highly vulnerable to this kind of fraud due to the general buying public having a lack of familiarity with the authentic products. People know that MAC is high quality and desirable, but are not aware of precisely what they should be looking for when they buy it third party on eBay.

I hope this information has been useful and will help eliminate the illegal sale of counterfeit MAC products."</i>

DaizyDeath

yeah im preety shure that seller was mentioned a by a couple other people asking/ saying that he was selling fakes

such a shame
ssad.gif

minisprite

Duh! My bad.

Just scrolled back and saw that spiciesteve is already known to this community. Can't hurt to have reported him to ebay one more time though, right?

I also messaged someone who'd just won one of his auctions, advising her that her purchase was probably a fake and not to pay.

:confused: I really hope Ebay/MAC get off their backsides and do something about this soon! It kills me to see people wasting their money on this stuff.