Counterfeit Stila?

Seary_Fairy

Hi ladies,

I've only recently started getting into Stila, and was wondering - is there such a thing as counterfeit Stila?? I know there is plenty of fake MAC and NARS but have never seen anything on Stila products.

Any info would be helpful
smiles.gif

Cheers!

liv

I've never seen any, but...where there's a will, there's a way, I suppose. It wouldn't shock me.

liza0183

Okay I didn't think there was either but I took a chance to buy a eyeshadow on ebay that was Stila. I rec'd it and let me tell you I have had it for 2 mthsm it doesn't seems to blend well at all and when you wet it ( Stila eyeshadow work dry and when wet) there is no intensity to the color. So I call up my makeup artist who also works as the colorist in Sephora and we did a swatch test and the color is nothing like the Real one. Freakin pissed me off now i have this eyeshadow that is crappy.
So I would say yea I do believe there are fakes of Stila now just be really careful on ebay since that is where I bought it.
Hope I was helpful sorry if i sounds a bit crazed. hahaha

star07

Was it in a pot or pan form?

I got a stila brush off eBay (#8, pointed powder brush) and the point is gone after I washed it! There are hardly any on eBay usually so I thought it would be legit, still not sure.
ssad.gif

Seary_Fairy

Oh dear, I was hoping you guys would give me good news! More fakes to watch out for I guess... sigh.
Thanks for the info though, will definitely have to more careful on ebay.

Can i ask who the sellers were you got these dodgy items from and what was the shade of the shadow?

smiles.gif

chickenkebob

yeah, I wouldn't trust buying stila from e-bay. It's better to wait for Stila to hold one of their sales or check out beautycrunch.com. Sorry about the counterfeit stila's T__T