Counters at Macy's

MACaddict08

Why don't all Macy's have MAC counters? they all seem to have clinique and Estee Lauder, but not many have MAC. I'm sad
ssad.gif

bellaetoile

zoning, store popularity, amount of foot traffic, competing mac locations, and whether or not the "people upstairs" think the location can economically support a mac counter. of the 10 or so macy*s i've been to within the greater los angeles area, only 3 of them have mac counters.

giz2000

The Macy's that I freelance at the most has not 1, but 3 counters in the same store...it's a 2+ million dollar counter, so it can justify the 3 counters...never a dull moment there!

ette

At mine they don't b/c they have the freelance MAC Store, Bloomingdale's and Nordstrom's also carry MAC. But usually it is b/c of zoning and/or store popularity.

ninabruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ette
At mine they don't b/c they have the freelance MAC Store, Bloomingdale's and Nordstrom's also carry MAC. But usually it is b/c of zoning and/or store popularity.

the mall by my parents house is exactly the same way.

pugmommy7

ooh so did my (white marsh mall balto md) Macy's. But I cannot use my procard there so i will just have to stalk them for LE stuff
winks.gif

Do Macy's stores get exclusives like Nordstrom?

carol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ette
At mine they don't b/c they have the freelance MAC Store, Bloomingdale's and Nordstrom's also carry MAC.

I think Bloomingdale's and Macy's are owned by the same parent company. So perhaps they only decide to have a counter at one to decrease the competition (although I don't see why they would do this as it's not like they fluctuate the price to entice shoppers to buy from one over the other anyway)?

But I know there is a counter nearby in Bloomingdale's and Nordstrom as well, but not the Macy's at the same shopping complex.

baby_love

yeah, in order for a macy's to have a mac counter, they need to have a lot of sales, and they need to be very busy. I work in a teeny tiny Macy's, and we don't even have bedding/housewear or juniors, but the Macy's 4 miles north is much bigger, has more stuff and is buisier, and they don't have a MAC either.

also, when you work for MAC at a macy's, you don't work for Macy's at all right?

eco

the MAC counter i go to is in a Filene's.... however in september (i think) it is switching over to be Macy's. I hope they keep the MAC counter because otherwise i'll have to travel like 2 hrs to get to any MAC counters!

thegirlgotsoul

All the Filenes around here that are switched/switching to Macy's are keeping their MAC counters. So I won't worry too much.

ztatrixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugmommy7
ooh so did my (white marsh mall balto md) Macy's. But I cannot use my procard there so i will just have to stalk them for LE stuff
winks.gif

Do Macy's stores get exclusives like Nordstrom?

Why don't you go to the freestanding store in Towson Town Center ?