Country of origin now engraved on MAC brushes?

janwa09

I have bought a bunch of brushes on 1 MAC store and they have the country engraved on the handle. Some are FRANCE and some are JAPAN. My other brush don't remember what it is--has a faint JAPAN engraved on it so I guess yours is ok.

gummybug

I only have one MAC brush that I got like a year ago at the CCO, and it says China on the handle.

MsCocoa

My 138 says Japan but it's very faint, almost unoticeable so it's not a fake.

So I had a look at another brush (182) and it says China, but again it's REALLY hard to spot unless you look.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquadisia
I just bought another 217 in January at Dillards and noticed that "JAPAN" is engraved on it. On the 217 I bought in November, you can barely see "JAPAN."

Can anyone confirm this or did I somehow manage to buy a fake? Thanks!

If you bought them both from MAC counters or stores, they are not fake.

I have a lot of brushes and the countries of origin and "branding" are different on a lot of them. I don't really think you will be able to find the "right" anwer as to which mark/country is correct. They produce them in several countries, within several different plants, so there will be differences.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I have a lot of brushes and the countries of origin and "branding" are different on a lot of them. I don't really think you will be able to find the "right" anwer as to which mark/country is correct. They produce them in several countries, within several different plants, so there will be differences.

Quoted for truth.

brush-brushhandle.jpg

Meryl

When I first started buying my brushes in the mid '80s, they were all made in France. Then, a decade later, it changed to Japan and now I've noticed it's both... Japan and France. Some of my LE are made in China.

rnsmelody

a little off topic..

This is weird but it works for me, if you have a good sense of smell.I ended up buying a fake 187 brush from ebay and i compared it to my real mac 187 that i bought from the counters years before. you can tell if it fakes by the glitter in the paint for the brushes. but the main thing is the smell of the paint on the handle. its very distinctive on all real mac brushes it smells the same and never changed for the past 5 years that i been using mac. and compare that smell to a fake brush you bought on ebay. i hope that helps.. its crazy weird but it works my bf even could tell by the smell.

Latest posts