Couture Compact - Depotting your own powders

rnsmelody

So i figured, since i get 2 refills for the couture compact and when they run out. what am i going to do with the compact? i dedcided im going to depot my powders and put them in the couture case. so far the hypereal/ iridescent/ studio fix powders fit, there might be more that will fit. but this is what i have on my hands..

here are some pictures of what i did (i just used an old hypereal powder just incase of accidents).. its exactly the same how you would depot your eyeshadows.

you can click on the pic for a bigger view

Side by side comparison

The plastic piece & the pan

\
Over the flame Over the flame

Taking the pan out of the compact w/ a hair pin

Magnet at the bottom of the pan

The end!

cherrycola

I went out and bought the Couture Mystery Powder right after reading this! I'd been tempted to get it, but hesitated because I didn't want to be stuck with a pretty but useless compact case after using up all the original product. But now I know I can depot my Select Sheer Pressed and use it with this case
smiles.gif

juli

Just a question,

I always saw people putting a magnetic strip under the pan but not the receiving pallete or the compact. I am not sure if it should have been understood as a common sense but both the pan and the pallete needs magnetic strip right?:confused:

Thanks

litlaur

Good thinking! I'm still not sure if I'll get the mystery powder, but if I do, I'll try this
smiles.gif

juli - Refillable compacts or palettes already have a magnet, just under the plastic.