CoverGirl Queen Collection All Day Flawless Foundation

MissTT

Has anyone had a chance to try out this foundation? I haven't purchased a drugstore foundation at least 10 years, but based on reviews I'm all in on this one. There are 14 shades for women of color! Unfortunately, I don't live in an area that sells this collection so I'm not sure what color to order. Got it narrowed down to 2-3. I wish CoverGirl listed the undertones in these colors. I tried doing a livechat and it wouldn't connect. Can anyone comment on the colors they've tried or their experience with this line?

kimbunney

I want to try this out as well. It's been getting a lot of youtube love. They don't carry this foundation in my area as well but I will be visiting my mom this weekend and I know the wal mart in the area has this line so hopefully they have it in stock.

BeyBabe

Hey! Haven't had the chance to try it out.

I liked this gal's review:

She's using: Q840 for CoverGirl Queen collection (for reference she's a NW45 for M.A.C)

MAChostage

I just checked the Walmart website and it is only available in limited stores, it says. Figures.

UPDATE: this product is available at www.drugstore.com currently on sale at 30% off for $6.85! Drugstore also offers a "100% color guarantee" where if you're not satisfied with your color match, they will let you return it for a complete refund! I just took a chance and ordered two different colors. I checked other sites for availability of this item and Walgreen's charges the most for it, at $12.

chinablaq

I'm in love with this foundation! Have been wearing it ever since I found it at Walgreen's. I picked up 2 shades as I was unsure and Q825 matches my NC50 complexion perfectly!! I picked up Q840 as well, but it was a tad bit too dark. Will probably be perfect for the warmer weather. But it's definitely a flawless long lasting foundation.

MissTT

I was watching tons of reviews on this foundation today and someone had a theory that the shades ending in even numbers were yellow undertoned and those ending in odd were red. Has anyone found this to be true? I have to order this online sight unseen and have had 5 different shades in my cart trying to cover my bases. I think I am Brulee Q815, but then today I ran into some reviews that claimed this color is red-toned which would be ALL WRONG for me. I can't imagine going lighter, but the next two darker colors seem like they would be my summer colors based on looking at the complexion of gals using it. It's on sale at Drugstore.com right now, but I've hemmed and hawed so long one of the colors I wanted to try is sold out.

auriannjag42

i've been using this foundation for about two weeks and i love it so far...it has a flawless application and last all day for me (i work 8 hour shifts in a call center tho)

chinablaq

I was watching tons of reviews on this foundation today and someone had a theory that the shades ending in even numbers were yellow undertoned and those ending in odd were red. Has anyone found this to be true? I have to order this online sight unseen and have had 5 different shades in my cart trying to cover my bases. I think I am Brulee Q815, but then today I ran into some reviews that claimed this color is red-toned which would be ALL WRONG for me. I can't imagine going lighter, but the next two darker colors seem like they would be my summer colors based on looking at the complexion of gals using it. It's on sale at Drugstore.com right now, but I've hemmed and hawed so long one of the colors I wanted to try is sold out.
Now that you mentioned it, I actually found the exact opposite. I'm an NC50 in mac SFF. Thats an yellow/golden under toned shade. Q825 matched me exactly, and it was definitely yellow/golden toned. I was going to grab the next shade up which was Q830 but it was way too red for me. I went to Q840 which is lighter than Q830. I also did notice that Q840 was a bit on the red side. Hope that helps :)

MissTT

Thanks, chinablaq, it does. I've had so many colors in my cart trying to research this it's ridiculous LOL. How hard is it to provide color descriptions, CoverGirl?

sagehen

Now that you mentioned it, I actually found the exact opposite. I'm an NC50 in mac SFF. Thats an yellow/golden under toned shade. Q825 matched me exactly, and it was definitely yellow/golden toned. I was going to grab the next shade up which was Q830 but it was way too red for me. I went to Q840 which is lighter than Q830. I also did notice that Q840 was a bit on the red side. Hope that helps :)
I agree with you and, more importantly, so does findation.com. I am NC50-ish and it matched me with all 25's in Covergirl foundations (and powders ending in 5 too), and I have found in real life that it is true. I haven't tried this new foundation but in the original liquid I am Q525, which is Honey something or other.

kimbunney

I rushed to drugstore only to see they were out of the shade I was going to get. Booo
I just checked the Walmart website and it is only available in limited stores, it says. Figures.

UPDATE: this product is available at www.drugstore.com currently on sale at 30% off for $6.85! Drugstore also offers a "100% color guarantee" where if you're not satisfied with your color match, they will let you return it for a complete refund! I just took a chance and ordered two different colors. I checked other sites for availability of this item and Walgreen's charges the most for it, at $12.

MissTT

I agree with you and, more importantly, so does findation.com. I am NC50-ish and it matched me with all 25's in Covergirl foundations (and powders ending in 5 too), and I have found in real life that it is true. I haven't tried this new foundation but in the original liquid I am Q525, which is Honey something or other.
WHY have I never heard of this website?! You are a wealth of knowledge, sagehen. Thanks again!

Copperhead

Ya'll got me intrigued about this foundation now. I wear MAC's NC50 in SFF so I went ahead and ordered the Q825 from Drugstore.com to take advantage of the sale they currently have going on. Can't wait to try it!

MissTT

I want to slap somebody's momma! (Specifically me.) Last night around 11pm when I was still messing with the stuff in my drugstore cart trying to pick out which oils need to go in my hair and how to spend the right amount to get a coupon, etc. the Brulee sold out. I am positive that is my color so I am livid.
rants.gif

Copperhead

I want to slap somebody's momma! (Specifically me.) Last night around 11pm when I was still messing with the stuff in my drugstore cart trying to pick out which oils need to go in my hair and how to spend the right amount to get a coupon, etc. the Brulee sold out. I am positive that is my color so I am livid.
rants.gif
Oh no MissTT! That's too disgusting! I ordered last night and my foundation has already shipped. I'm disgusted though that the 2 WnW Megalast lippies I ordered are backordered. That's what I get for throwing other things in my cart when my main focus was just the foundation. Haha! I don't like backorders and orders split up. I hope you find your Brulee somewhere soon.

MissTT

Thanks, Copperhead. I do have it in my cart elsewhere, but not for this price. I'm so mad at myself, but seriously I would have purchased days ago if they would have described their colors. I even would have purchased more than one.

CoverGirl, if you're listening, I have a disposable income I like to spend on makeup. I haven't even looked your way in 12 years. I tried using your interactive website to no avail. I scoured the internet watching videos of girls who like makeup, but aren't gifted with a descriptive tongue. (Seriously, why does everyone think they need to be on the internet with no regard to content quality?) I've spent hours researching and trying to buy your product. This is a lot of work to buy a drugstore product. Too much work. Yesterday I went to the Estee Lauder counter and got color matched in 2 minutes. I can't try your colors in store. The least you can do is make it impossible for me not to at least try your product because you've made every effort to describe what I'd be getting. At this point I see no reason to leave my department store brands for you.

MAChostage

The more I think about it I'm betting Brulee's going to be my color, too (I'm NC44). But I've got Golden Honey and Warm Caramel on their way to me now. Sigh. Hopefully Brûlée will be back in stock by the time I return these two (I'm sure I'll have to). I detest not having hands on access to certain cosmetics!
rants.gif

chinablaq

Thanks for sharing the site! Iv'e wanted to try the Lancome Ultra 24hr foundation for some time now, and now I have an idea of my shade
urock.gif

MAChostage

I got my two bottles of this foundation from drugstore.com today. I ordered Warm Caramel and Golden Honey and both are WAY too dark for my NC44 skin. My next thought is to try Brulee and/or Amber Glow, but drugstore is out of both of those right now. Drugstore has the best price of any retailer but Target.com does have those colors in stock. I think I'll hold out and wait until I can go to a Target and see them in person. The closest one to me that carries this foundation is 45 minutes away in another city, unfortunately.

MissTT

I'm traveling so I'll have to post swatches later but I was able to pick up Q805 Amber Glow and Q815 Brulee in South Carolina. It was really hard to tell in the hotel room lighting but I actually think Brulee is too dark for me. Amber Glow seems about right but I was rushing. I would say these foundations run on the darker side as I'm about NC44.5, but this is great news for sisters w/ darker skin since there are sooooo many shades to choose from. I'm still excited. Will report back when I get home.