Covering pores

joey_zane

I was wondering if anyone could help me out... I seem to have really visible pores around my nose and a little on my cheeks, that even after applying studiofix they are still visible - does anyone have any MAC product recommendations for this?

I will be getting a studiostick concealer soon, but didn't know if that would be sufficient or not...

Any thoughts/ advice welcomed
greengrin.gif

pinkfeet

Clinique Instant Perfector works for me..

I like the Clinique Instant Perfector, it fills them all in for me and comes in 2 shades I think, light and dark and your pores are gone instantly.

PnkCosmo

To minimize your pores, you need to look at your skincare products....not necessarily your foundation.

Shiseido's Smoothing Veil is really nice, as well as Philosophy's The Present.

joey_zane

Hmm... I don't personally use any Clinique based on their ingredients lists, so I guess I'll have to keep on looking...

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_zane
Hmm... I don't personally use any Clinique based on their ingredients lists, so I guess I'll have to keep on looking...

Try the Shiseido Smoothing Veil. I have very sensitive skin that is prone to clogged pores, and NONE of their formulas break me out.

Oh, and FYI: They don't test on animals. I remember seeing people mention on MUA that they thought Shiseido tested on animals. There was a Shiseido rep at Sephora last week, and I asked her about it. She said that they get all of their info from Harvard Medical Group, and that Harvard doesn't test on animals either.

joey_zane

Quote:
Originally Posted by PnkCosmo
Try the Shiseido Smoothing Veil. I have very sensitive skin that is prone to clogged pores, and NONE of their formulas break me out.

Oh, and FYI: They don't test on animals. I remember seeing people mention on MUA that they thought Shiseido tested on animals. There was a Shiseido rep at Sephora last week, and I asked her about it. She said that they get all of their info from Harvard Medical Group, and that Harvard doesn't test on animals either.

I haven't heard of Shiseido - do you know if it's availible over here in the UK?

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_zane
Quote:
Originally Posted by PnkCosmo

I haven't heard of Shiseido - do you know if it's availible over here in the UK?

Here's a link to the Shiseido UK site:

Shiseido UK

On the bottom left, there is a store locator button. It'll tell you the cities you can get it in.

katred

Specktra Bestie
is there any conceal to help cover pores? maybe mac or another brand?

If you're looking for something to conceal pores, you're better off starting with a primer, which will minimize the appearance of pores. If enlarged or clogged pores are generally an issue, you'll want to make sure any primer product you get is oil-free (NARS has a nice one).

Also, if you find that your pores look large in general, you'll want to look at skin care products that can help. Generally, products designed for oily skin will reduce pore size and help keep them unclogged. Cleansing or toning products with AHAs and/ or BHAs (generally salicylic acid) are great for enlarged pores.