CP etiquette question...

Amethyst_beauty

What is the etiquette for someone who has a Pro discount card who offers to do a CP?

Does the person give you their discounted price or do they charge actual retail?

I would think that the CPer would charge actual price (discounted price) paid because otherwise it would mean that the CPer is making a 40% or 30% profit for doing you a favor.

I haven't seen anything posted on this topic here (or anywhere else, for that matter) so I wanted to get some feedback.

PS: What about someone who buys items at CCOs...should they be sold for actual discount price paid, original retail price (when item was still widely available) or a higher price because of perceived supply/demand?

Thanks in advance!
smiles.gif

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst_beauty
What is the etiquette for someone who has a Pro discount card who offers to do a CP?

Does the person give you their discounted price or do they charge actual retail?

I would think that the CPer would charge actual price (discounted price) paid because otherwise it would mean that the CPer is making a 40% or 30% profit for doing you a favor.

I haven't seen anything posted on this topic here (or anywhere else, for that matter) so I wanted to get some feedback.

PS: What about someone who buys items at CCOs...should they be sold for actual discount price paid, original retail price (when item was still widely available) or a higher price because of perceived supply/demand?

Thanks in advance!
smiles.gif

For a CP, it should just be the price paid and postage.

bellaetoile

okay, the CP with the pro discount is a tricky thing, as you are NOT supposed to use the discount on other individuals. you can, if i'm not mistaken, actually get your pro card revoked for violating the terms. if the person volunteered their discount, then yes, you should, in theory, get the discounted price. if they volunteered to do a CP, but not use their discount, then i don't feel they are obligated to offer the item at their discounted price. yes, i understand they are getting it cheaper, but they also went through the application process and fee to get the pro card in the first place. maybe i'm being too harsh, and this isn't a personal attack against you, but i've known two people who really got fucked over by extending professional discounts to their friends. for example, like i say, if they offered you the item at the discounted price, than yes, that's fine. but i would think it would be a little obnoxious to ASK for them to use their discount, or expect them to give it to you at a discounted price. i'm interested to see everyone elses feelings about this. i know several people quite well who have pro cards, but i'd never ask them if i could use it. i'm really opinionated on this, and i'm curious as to how others handle the pro card.

as far as CCO items go...per CCO posted policy, you aren't supposed to re-sell the items at all. however, those who do, i feel, should be able to charge whatever they want for them, unless there is a set price determined before hand in the event of a CP. gasoline (especially at the current prices), time, effort, etc. all are factors, as is availability of the item.

my opinion on all sales, resales, CPs, whatever, is that, if you don't like what the buyer is asking, look elsewhere. set clear terms beforehand if there is going to be a CP.

brandiisamonkey

hey be carefull I know of a couple of people who just had tons of money stolen from them from someoen with a discount pm me if youw ant her name....

pugmommy7

I think cp's should be exactly $ for $. I never thought of the pro card fee thingy.
I would not risk losing my pro card, BUT if i got something at a cco or something like that I would just expect to be "reimbursed" exactly what I purchased the item for. it should all be done with the utmost discretion.
If you are doing a cp and the other party simply cannot locate an item in thier area and your store has it and you do have a procard,simply do not use it. buy it at retail and ask for reimbursement of that amount. then no one gets hurt.
just my .20
smiles.gif

SMMY

The same here. I even offer a copy of my receipt, if requested, for a CP. I thought just like anything else, it's the honor system. You give it to the individual at the price you paid for it. I understand making a profit on a CP is a definite no-no. You should just be recouping your costs. If you are worried about losing your pro-discount, why would you even CP for someone in the first place? I don't imagine MAC would care whether you passed on the discount or not in a CP, if they found out you were essentially reselling a product of theirs that you bought at a discount from them. This is kind of a moot point, IMHO.