Crafty Lipglass Storage!

Camnagem

I'm a bit of a make-up organization junkie, and lipglass storage has been a pain in my butt for some time now. I have a bunch of those acrylic lipstick organizers, but they're never tall enough to hold the longer lipglass tubes in place correctly and that totally annoys me! Anyway, I decided to try making my own and here's what I came up with:

LipglassStorage-FrontView.jpg

LipglassStorage-TopView.jpg

I have a ton more lipglasses that need to be added to this, but I didn't have that many lipstick boxes on hand to use (most have been recycled/tossed out right after getting the lipstick...I have no idea why I kept this many). It holds 14 lipglasses in each row, and 7 rows will fit just about perfectly...this thing will hold 98 lipglasses! I decided to use lipstick boxes so they would be long enough to hold the lipglass tubes up straight, but not as long as the actual lipglass itself so they're super easy to take out and use.

The box I used for the base is the bottom half of a Sephora mascara sampler I purchased a while ago. Construction was beyond easy! I cut off the top flaps of each lipstick box and hot glued them to the base and to each other.

Just thought I'd share my snowy day craft project...I'm pretty happy with it!

jmgjwd

I ABSOLUTELY love this idea! I wish I'd never thrown out my boxes..I have about 150 Mac glosses/lippies and am always looking for ways to organize (like by color or alphabetizing)...that is so good....

VeXedPiNk

Awesome! Thanks for the great idea! I've always saved my old MAC boxes like a loser... now I can actually use them for something creative!

Camnagem

Thanks everyone!!
th_hug.gif

I wish I had saved more of my lipstick boxes too! Oh well, it'll happen over time.

Mabelle what a great idea with the pigment boxes!

MzzRach

Great solution - it all about being able to see quickly at a glance what you have, and then being able to give your whole collection some love.
winkiss.gif
Looks great!

kelly2509t

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeXedPiNk
Awesome! Thanks for the great idea! I've always saved my old MAC boxes like a loser... now I can actually use them for something creative!

Your not alone, I've kept all my MAC boxes too
smiles.gif
I can't bring myself to get rid of them

Soeth23

This is how I store my lipsticks, too! You can get two holders out of one box if you cut it in half.
winks.gif
It still works great!

Latest posts