Crazy Boss Anyone? vent

joytheobscure

OK, well I am a teacher and you'd think Principals *Should* have stable personalities....Anyways this really isn't about *me* per se.. But, this woman is making me want to quit for how she's treating my coworkers/friends. This has been going on for over a month now. Names have been changed to protect the innocent... its a long story

The first week of April a bunch of teaching positions were advertised as open and people who were hired last August and later were told they had to reinterview for their jobs (this is not anything I've ever seen in a school district, usually if someone works for a year in a district they are either let go the proper way ) apparently they were hired under temporary contract and the school could let them go anyways... But its still unusual for a school to do this. I was hired in June- The schools AD stated they wanted a K-12 sped teacher (which sounds *just* like my job) - as I'm the only K-12 person..... Then it had an early childhood - elementary etc... So I flipped and my aides basically made me go ask her if it was my job up- because the early childhood lady told me the principal told her that she had to reapply and reinterview for the district, and of course considering the hell that is my classroom I decided there is no F***G way that I would on this gods green earth reinterview to work with the class that I have!!!! So I went to ask and the principal in her "false friendly" (this woman is either very friendly or snippy/bitchy/superior to everyone!! ) voice said "OH, no its not you *** you were hired under regular contract Its Buffy's job" --- Of course I was relieved because I wouldnt reinterview for that job anyways..... One of my good friends who is also a first year teacher was worried and we just couldn't possibly know WHY she would be up --the other teachers had done somethings that could've gotten them possibly in bad with the boss but since they'd never recieved bad evaluations it was not thought that they'd have that happen to them either.....Anyways this lady the first year elementary teacher had lost her husband last may, moved back to be with her folks and then in February her Dad got really sick and he died in the end of march, so this poor lady (who is petite and just fragile looking) lost her father and her husband in a year bought a different car and house because she couldn't live like she had - then was told to reapply for her job and not given a clear answer (like I was and another teacher hired after school began last fall) this lady is a good teacher she is there early , stays late, puts money into her room, grades all her papers on time... lol.. (I'm kind of a slacker sometimes if I do admit it myself - she has better work habits than I do!)

So after these two ladies ask the principal more than once about their job status, the principal finally calls them at home and sets up interview times..... (using two teachers from our building as the committee members!!) The interviews are held about three weeks after the jobs were posted in the State wide newspaper and online- so these ladies have waited a month already... Oh the special education worker actually resigned before she could be laid off she was smart enough to know that was what you should do in this situation...

Then THursday on the day of the elem teachers birthday and the anniversary of her husbands fatal car crash the principal calls her in and the PreK teacher and told them that "We are going in a different direction this year" and basically fired them I dont' care what it is with contracts being there it is not normal teaching or the practice of schools to do this.

Oh and of course then she says that its nothing personal its nothing they've done in their teaching... such bull shit...

I just think that what she did to the teacher that lost her husband and father this year and never told her that she made a mistake **besides not being buddies with the old cow across the hall from her*** just makes me so mad.

Please tell your tales of power hungry bosses to make me feel better... I swear I want to quit around July 15th and make her struggle for a special ed teacher....... I spent the afternoon putting resume's in to get myself out of special education.. especially since the boss hired another sped teacher about two weeks ago to take part of my caseload and make me the emotionally disturbed teacher--- and the HS principal told me I was qualified to take one of the history openings but they chose more qualified assistant coaches (I was trying to get an assistant coaching /history job) - and I cursed myself with special ed.

OK well thats my month, thats why I had to go to mac twice in a month, so much stress over this job not to mention dealing with these kids that are just out of control.

What is your crazy boss story, I hope she doesn't read specktra <evil grin>

Shawna

My old boss was such a control freak that she actually wanted to know if and when I had a bowel movement because she didn't think it was right to go two or three times a day. I said it was healthy to have food in -- food out. She said a normal person should only poop once every 2 days. Like it's any of her freaking business. I am a caregiver and she wanted me to weigh my clients poop because she didn't think the girl was pooping enough for the amount of food she was eating. Oh, my sis also worked there and she knew my sister was deaf but would get mad because she would ask my sister stuff when my sis was out of the room and then get mad when my sis didn't know what the boss was talking about. My sis reads lips and has a hearing aid so you have to be looking at her for her to understand. Stupid boss. The both of us gave our notice at the same time and were so happy to be out of that freakshow. Whenever I am having a bad day, I just think about the terrible job and thank my lucky stars that I got out. Did I mention that the client got mad at me one day and bit my nipple so hard that she partially detached it? FREAKSHOW. I'm sorry to hear that your work sucks right now, but hopefully it will get better. At least she hasn't asked you to measure your poop yet
winks.gif

depecher

I am a teacher as well. Is this school public or private? What state do you live in? Send me a PM with these details. I may be able to help you.
smiles.gif

libra14

Did I mention that the client got mad at me one day and bit my nipple so hard that she partially detached it? FREAKSHOW. I'm sorry to hear that your work sucks right now said:
http://www.specktra.net/img/vbsmilies/smilies/winks.gif[/IMG]

How in the **** did this happen. She bit your nipple?!?!?! WTF! Were you young? Did you have her arrested for assault? I am clearly stunned at this person. How can someone be so .... I don't know what to say.

Joy----I couldn't do your job. I have a teaching degree that I don't use because I just couldn't handle it. Kudos to you for being able to.

joytheobscure

Quote:
Originally Posted by libra14
Joy----I couldn't do your job. I have a teaching degree that I don't use because I just couldn't handle it. Kudos to you for being able to.

Thanks, I can't do what I'm doing this year anymore!! I can't handle special education or the mentally handicapped crowd, I need to get out because I really don't feel very empathetic or sympathetic towards people with problems, all I can think of is "why am I trapped in a room with these people for five hours a day"
- honestly though, regular secondary education is not that bad, I kind of enjoy it. I say kind of... but every job will have crap in it. I feel like I may be overlooked in job hunting now because principals see SPED experience and think "oh she can get a job easy" or "I'd rather interview her for sped instead of the regular education" --- argh!!! But I found out about two English jobs about 30 miles closer to home than where I'm at-- One of which I applied the day after the resignation made it on the principals desk, lol! (my sister knows the teacher.)