crazy myspace faker

kimmae17

so i stumbled upon a weird faker of me

http://profile. myspace. com/index. cfm?fuseaction=user. viewprofile&friendID=41553961

at first i thought it was funny UNTIL i saw a bunch of pics like these

http://s169. photobucket. com/albums/u240/kimmae17/?action=view¤t=fake5. jpg

http://a663. ac-images. myspacecdn. com/images01/38/l_6b9aa5c9bd6c15e493e4fa51d79c2926. jpg
there are at least 20 totally ridiculously photoshopped fake pics of my head on some strippers body, some with her having no shirt on.
does anyone know if i can do something about this??? i know i can send a saluted pic to myspace and have that account deleted
but theres no guarentee this person wont just make another profile and no way i could find it if they did
but there are sooo many other pics hosted on diferent site - flickr - rockyou
does anyone know a way to wipe this person out altogehter?? could i contact the police, are there "internet police" i am reallly upset about this!

HELP!!!!

kimmae17

some guy commented on the guestbook of my webshots. and i was bored and searched the email address on myspace. his #1 myspace friend was the fake me.

MACForME

There is a place to REPORT this on Myspace.

A friend of mine, had this happen to her. She's in the public eye alot and well, some wacko girl stole her pics and put them on her own site.. Now, my friends pics for Myspace have her holding a piece of paper that say MySpace.com - www.myspace.com/6810486 to avoid this..

kimmae17

yeah i know i can contact myspace. i was wondering if i can do more to guarentee this person is shut down. i mean putting my head on a naked body? isnt that defamation?
when i get myspace to delete the profile theres is no guarentee that they wont just make another, and i would have no way of finding it

angeliquea~+

There's a way to make it a bit easier to find her if she makes another profile, there was a tute posted not long ago

http://specktra.net/f280/tracking-yo...8/#post1105891

Where you'll receive an alert if one of your photos is posted up on the net. It's not foolproof because she alredy has photos of you as you said, but it can help.

Also I saw another girl do this, again it doesn't do much to solve the problem but I thought it was a great idea. She posted a link in her myspace blog to all her fake profiles under the title "My fakes" and wrote a little spiel about how she loved them all as if they were her children LOL, I thought it was great because people like this are obviously doing it to be dicks, so this way you get a bit of the power and control back.

Best of luck!

msashlay

The above will not work if he or she is creating a new image to mesh your face + another body using Photoshop.

coachkitten

That is pretty creepy that someone would do something like that. You should really report him but odds are if he was creepy enough to do it once he will most likely do it again.

babyjazy21

UGH this upsets me so much!!
nonono.gif
I totally know what u mean bc all this stuff also happened to me. The bad thing is that if myspace deletes the profile those people can keep on doing more fake profiles and u really cant do anything about it. I reported mine to the police bc it was getting out of control and all they did was laugh at me. They thought it was some sort of joke which really upset me bc this whole fake profile thing is so childish. Sorry i had to vent

stacey4415

unfortunately defamation is only the communication of a statement -written of spoken-which makes a false claim, Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmae17
yeah i know i can contact myspace. i was wondering if i can do more to guarentee this person is shut down. i mean putting my head on a naked body? isnt that defamation?
when i get myspace to delete the profile theres is no guarentee that they wont just make another, and i would have no way of finding it

kimmae17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey4415
unfortunately defamation is only the communication of a statement -written of spoken-which makes a false claim,

if the fake profile claims i am a stripper is that defamation?

DirtyPlum

oh man, sorry to hear about that. This is also a common problem with Facebook and I guess anywhere on line where photos can be shared and accessed. There are lots of profiles being copied etc and whole albums of photos being used to replicate people... weird people out there with too much time on their hands.

But you know what... I read in a magazine that alot of these people are girls who set up fake accounts to spy on their boyfs/ex's, to test them etc. But what the silly mares dont realise is that they are actually taking someone elses identity like REAL people!!!!

Not sure what I can offer in terms of advice as I have never used MySpace, but I definitely report it if you can and beef up the security on your profile/page.

xxx

Stephie Baby

Contact myspace about it. They will ban the person's IP address. Tell Myspace if they don't remove it, you'll file a report and press charges. Thats really the only way to get the stuff taken down. I've had an issue like this with Myspace before. It may take a few days, but they will take the profile down. If there are any other sites with your pictures on them, you can do the same thing. Just email the site and let them know.

Someone made a fake page with all my pictures and put me on some stupid hooker website. EW!!!
thmbdn.gif
Stalkers are CREEPY!!

Even if your best friend uses your photos, its considered Identity Theft. It being on the internet doesn't change that.

vocaltest

Oh god. I feel your pain. I've had this happen to me before. Someone stole my pictures off myspace, but they didn't recreate another myspace, they recreated a profile on some hotornot style website... I just signed up to the website and contacted 'me' and gave them what for. I was kinda flattered in an odd way because 'I' was number one rated on that website hahah. But yeah, its not the same deal. Contact Myspace and hopefully they'll be able to sort it. It is identity theft as Stephie Baby said above. Hope you sort it out alright!

CaseyKezerian

Wow did you see the headline "Sex without love is pretty meaningless BUT its fun!" I'd be pissed. At least I'm sure anyone who knows you would never believe it.

kimmae17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie Baby
Contact myspace about it. They will ban the person's IP address. Tell Myspace if they don't remove it, you'll file a report and press charges. Thats really the only way to get the stuff taken down. I've had an issue like this with Myspace before. It may take a few days, but they will take the profile down. If there are any other sites with your pictures on them, you can do the same thing. Just email the site and let them know.

Someone made a fake page with all my pictures and put me on some stupid hooker website. EW!!!
thmbdn.gif
Stalkers are CREEPY!!

Even if your best friend uses your photos, its considered Identity Theft. It being on the internet doesn't change that.

theh WILL ban the ip address?? because thats my concern. ifi JUST get itdeleted, there nothing to stop them from doing it again. and i would never know. if i can take further action i want to dothat before its deleted obviously

kimmae17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyKezerian
Wow did you see the headline "Sex without love is pretty meaningless BUT its fun!" I'd be pissed. At least I'm sure anyone who knows you would never believe it.

well thats kinda why i feel like its someone i know that did it. becuase who in their right mind writes that! i assume its a personal attack you know?

Latest posts