creating compartments in a traincase?

mandirigma

Hope this is in the right forum. Okay, so I don't really have a traincase. I have a butchy Stanley 19" toolbox to hold all my makeup. =) It was only $8 and I love it.

Only thing is I'm having a hard time organizing it. There's a pull-out tray that rests on top, but the rest of the toolbox is just free space. I've been using the smallest baskets I could find at Target (they're the small Goody baskets you find in the aisle with all the hairties), but I can only fit three in a row and there's quite a bit of space not being used.

Anybody have any ideas to better organize the space? Are there any places where I can find super small bins?

HeartOfSilver

I hope this makes sense.

My friend bought small pieces of the most thin corragated plastic she could find, and cut them .5 longer than she needed, and about .5 cm over the height she needed. She snipped the extra on the bottom and sides with tiny slits, creating tabs, and bent the tabs that created to alternating sides. Then she used contact cement, following directions, and let it dry 48 hrs. You can make tabs only on the ends, but she found that it wasn't as stable.

It's a permenant solution, but she loves it. It's a bit of work I guess, but fun because you have be creative! Also makes less wasted space than storage bins
smiles.gif

mandirigma

ooh, sounds like an interesting project! might be a dumb question but where did she get the plastic? i'll probably plan on doing this if i can't find any other movable solutions. Thanks!

HeartOfSilver

Home depot I think lol She bought the smallest sheet they had for like $5.
Check out craft stores too, they may have something similar.

tinagrzela

Hi Hi!! I used the corregated plastic too!!! It works like a charm!! I bought mine at Michael's, a craft store.

TIERAsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitternmyveins
THere is this awesome little website where you could find really great storage ideas. I especially like their clear storage ideas! Hope this helps!
smiles.gif
Check it out :
http://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?V=1&Sec=3

i LOVE this website. maybe one day we can get this stuff in HAWAI'I... thanks!!