cremesticks vs. lip pencils

lola336

Which is better in your opinion??? I never really used lip liners before but am now starting too. I haven't tried the cremesticks so let me know your thoughts! thanks :)

lovejam

Eh. If you use a little lipbalm before applying your lipliner, it's pretty much the same as a cremestick. Cremesticks are just creamier lipliners. There's a couple of colors that are nice, but they're nothing special really.

lola336

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejam
Eh. If you use a little lipbalm before applying your lipliner, it's pretty much the same as a cremestick. Cremesticks are just creamier lipliners. There's a couple of colors that are nice, but they're nothing special really.

Hmm...really...thats interesting....i guess u also dont have to sharpen..lol...thanks so much for the info! :)

Sushi_Flower

Can someone clear this up for me, i know they have different names but are the Cremestick liners made to be rough colour imitations of the normal liners so that people can find a similar colour in the new ones?

cherryblossom girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
Can someone clear this up for me, i know they have different names but are the Cremestick liners made to be rough colour imitations of the normal liners so that people can find a similar colour in the new ones?

I'm curious about this too. Pink Treat and Beurre look a little like Whirl and Dervish on the Mac site, so I had a look on MUA to see if there were any reviews but couldn't find anything. It would be nice to know if anyone's tried these colours and what they thought of them.

absolut_blonde

Buerre did look a lot like Whirl on the back of my hand. Pink Treat is sort of similar to Dervish, but a bit darker/more pigmented and without the subtle shimmer.

PrettyKitty

I was supposed to buy Pink Treat, but yeah it was too similar to Dervish. Another shade was similar to Subculture, but more pigmented. (And more creamy)

I bought Creamola, nice neutral medium brown! Too bad, they don't have light shades...

Cremesticks are awesome, better than the others lip pencils! Less drying, it goes on creamy, but dry quickly for a waterproof formula. (You still have the time to blend it though)

cherryblossom girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
Another shade was similar to Subculture, but more pigmented. (And more creamy)

Ooh, liking the sound of that one! Thanks for the info PrettyKitty and absolut_blonde
smiles.gif

Sushi_Flower

I thought these were permenant, the SA said they are limited edition and theres no more coming in after these are gone!! Is that true?

PrettyKitty

Quote:
I thought these were permenant, the SA said they are limited edition and theres no more coming in after these are gone!! Is that true?

It's not supposed to be LE...

Sushi_Flower

Why is their information wrong then? She even went to the back to make sure and said it was definetly LE! I rushed to order a Teddybabe lipstick just because of that.

PrettyKitty

Quote:
Why is their information wrong then? She even went to the back to make sure and said it was definetly LE! I rushed to order a Teddybabe lipstick just because of that.

Lipsticks are LE, not the Cremesticks (lipliners).
smiles.gif

Sushi_Flower

Ohhh well she didn't seem to differentiate and looking at the display with both on said they were LE. Is relieved..although not too relieved as i may love Teddybabe and want to use ti forever which means backups and i have never gone down that road and don't want to either!!

Ps - Pretty Kitty look in the 'chatter' sections.

Latest posts