crinkly eye lids?!

cosMEtix

Any suggestions for making the inner eye and eyelid smoother? When I apply Paint Pots or Paint, it settles into the creases...being older, I use eye creams religiously....any suggestions?

rouquinne

this is going to sound REALLY strange, but...

Monistat Chafing-Relief Powder Gel!

greengrin.gif

i kid you not!!!!

it's cheap, it has almost identical ingredients to most silicone makeup primers and it's eye-safe!!!

lol.gif

Moonspell

Some people like to prime the eyelid with a soft layer of vaseline first and then apply the paint pot or paint.

YvetteJeannine

I don't know if Smashbox Photofinish Primer is safe to put on/near the eyes...I've never used it...Maybe someone else will be able to tell you...But, there is MAC Prep & Prime Eye...That'd be a good one for you...

I know what you mean..I'm in my twenties, and I have those little crinkles in the corner of my eyes. I believe they're from years of intensely rubbing my eyes. When I was a child I had HORRENDOUS allergies (I still have them, but not quite as bad..and I don't furiously rub my eyes like that anymore), and I used to almost violently rub my eyes; sometimes I'd have to be taken to the E.R., because my eyes would swell shut, or swell up SO badly). I think that's what's caused the little crinkles, 'cause I've had them for a while now..They're not really noticeable until I put too much shimmer on them, and even MAC Paints will bring them out....I'd also like to find something to help keep them at bay!

GertiL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosMEtix
Any suggestions for making the inner eye and eyelid smoother? When I apply Paint Pots or Paint, it settles into the creases...being older, I use eye creams religiously....any suggestions?

I don't use eye creams on the lid itself, only around my eye.
After application of paintpot I let it dry for 2-3 minutes with my eyes semi closed. It doesn't settle in the crease that way.