Crown Brushes - questions & discussion

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleybubbles83
i submitted an order to crown brushes on June 1st and they emailed saying they would get back to me with a final price but it's been six days and i've heard nothing. is this normal? i would just order from coastal scents but crown brushes has most of the ones i want...

You can write them back?

nichollecaren

Quote:
i have emailed them twice already.

it took them almost two weeks to contact me. They actually contact you by phone.

Ashleybubbles83

i got my brushes finally! they called me to ask if they could substitute another style for the ones i'd originally asked for, which was fine...and then i think, by accident they sent a second box that had a duplicate of my first order...

nichollecaren

Quote:
i got my brushes finally! they called me to ask if they could substitute another style for the ones i'd originally asked for, which was fine...and then i think, by accident they sent a second box that had a duplicate of my first order...

wow! u def need a set of brush guards..check coastal scents

@d0rkyGiirl

I can't decide =(
should I get crown brushes or Sigma brushes. I want to start my brush collection and so i don't know which to get.

nichollecaren

sigma all the way..I have both, and since i got the sigmas, the crowns have been parked. The only crown brush I still use is the flat bronzer...I'll charge muy camera and post some comparisons...if its allowed in this thread

fahzybear

hi! I was just wondering which crown brushes you have and what you think about them? I am also trying to figure out if I should buy sigma or crown or mac! Which edition of crown do you like or do they just suck now compared to sigma? Also do you notice the sigma bristles fraying after a few washed? It seems people have complained about that. Thank you for your input! I really appreciate it!

mandi

nichollecaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by VazCris25
Are the brush handles as long as the MAC ones???

all my IB brushes were shorter than my MAC 219 and 190...but definately longer than my 187 SE...when I get my cam up, i'll take a comparison pic for u
smiles.gif

nichollecaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahzybear
hi! I was just wondering which crown brushes you have and what you think about them? I am also trying to figure out if I should buy sigma or crown or mac! Which edition of crown do you like or do they just suck now compared to sigma? Also do you notice the sigma bristles fraying after a few washed? It seems people have complained about that. Thank you for your input! I really appreciate it!

mandi

I Have brushes from the Crown Italian badger series...you can see them above. I have the Sigma SS150, SS 168 (not so sure?) SS209 and SS329

My Sigma brushes have not frayed yet, my 168 does look a little splayed, but it still works and is ooohh sooo soft! The crown bushes are soft, but I still feel a little scratchiness on my face and even though condition them (biolage moisture balm) with every wash. The Crown IB Flat bronzer brush is unparalelled imo...its the one I still use. But I use my sigmas every day now...Crown, not so much.

I have read where some people prefer the SS150 to the MAC 150...I have never owned a MAC 150 so I cant tell you first hand. The SS150 is leaps and bounds softer than crown's powder dome.

My brushes are dirty, but i'll go dig up the cam and see if I can share a pic

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichollecaren
I Have brushes from the Crown Italian badger series...you can see them above. I have the Sigma SS150, SS 168 (not so sure?) SS209 and SS329

My Sigma brushes have not frayed yet, my 168 does look a little splayed, but it still works and is ooohh sooo soft! The crown bushes are soft, but I still feel a little scratchiness on my face and even though condition them (biolage moisture balm) with every wash. The Crown IB Flat bronzer brush is unparalelled imo...its the one I still use. But I use my sigmas every day now...Crown, not so much.

I have read where some people prefer the SS150 to the MAC 150...I have never owned a MAC 150 so I cant tell you first hand. The SS150 is leaps and bounds softer than crown's powder dome.

My brushes are dirty, but i'll go dig up the cam and see if I can share a pic

I have an eyebrow brush and its hairs became a bit rebellious and ForgetRegret suggested that I condition them so I covered the brush tip in conditioner and let it rest over the sink for an hour or so, washed it and all the hairs behaved themselves, try that, it really works. It gives your brush a new lease of life.

Whilst I'm here, can I ask what the difference is between all the different series? Is there a series which is best or are they just in different series because the company release a new series every year or something?

I'm seriously eyeing up the crease brush, I've never found one before and know exactly how I can use it.

nichollecaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
I have an eyebrow brush and its hairs became a bit rebellious and ForgetRegret suggested that I condition them so I covered the brush tip in conditioner and let it rest over the sink for an hour or so, washed it and all the hairs behaved themselves, try that, it really works. It gives your brush a new lease of life.

Whilst I'm here, can I ask what the difference is between all the different series? Is there a series which is best or are they just in different series because the company release a new series every year or something?

I'm seriously eyeing up the crease brush, I've never found one before and know exactly how I can use it.

If you check a few pages back, I did a photo review when I had just gotten my Crowns

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f167/c...41/index7.html
Page 7 to be exact LOL

I thought the IB crease brush was too fat...I trimmed it... LOL and eventually got the 219 anyways. meh.

I condition all my brushes AND use the brush guard, but still that contour brush is sooo unruly! I was afraid to leave the conditioner on too long, i waited abt 20 mins...I shall try for an hr next time- thanks for the suggestion!

Gosh, next thing i'll have to put them in mini steam caps and set them under the dryer. fooey!

I dont know much about the other series, but I think the major difference is the hair they are made with..The IB is supposedly from an Italian badger...the Luna is from...ahhh...a goat?! no CLUE! and theres a synthetic line as well. I was advised that the Italian Badger is the best, and the Luna is a close second. Personally, I think the IB brushes are soooo good looking!

Crown will send you a catalogue for free if you request it...you will get a waaay better look at the brushes than those fool pics on the website! I regretted not waiting for my catalogue to come before I made my purchase, there were a few brushes I wished i'd ordered.

heres the comparison pic I promised...I'm not at home, so I only brought the brushes I really love with me...I'll update with the complete set when I can:

makeupstuff019.jpg

MAC 219 is far left

nichollecaren

for those who wanted a comparison between Crown and Sigma... The brushes arent comparable at all, but still heres what I can show u...

the Crowns have the wood finish handle...the MAC brushes are the duo fibre, the pencil, (219) and the 190--all others are Sigma
p1012881.jpg

p1012893u.jpg

p1012884.jpg

Ikara

I ordered some brushes from crown brushes a few months ago so now I feel ready to review

I'll list all the brushes I ordered with the review.

BK8 Badger deluxe fan It's Ok, not as soft or full as expected but it will work nice to apply highlighter on top of the cheekbones, I think I'll order the other fan the next time. It's ok but wouldn't recommend it.

BK14 Deluxe oval shadow
I love this one, it packs on colour really well. I use it to apply a base eyeshadow all over my eyes and I can do so with just a few swipes, it's big! soft and super dense. I really recommend this one.

BK15 Large chisel fluff I like this one too, it's my first choice to apply eyeshadow on my lid, I used to use a Make Up Store brush much more expensive for that, I like this one for powder eyeshadows better now. I would recommend this one too! (plus I like all black brushes of Luna series)

BK16 Chisel mini smudger This one is tiny! will I use it to smudge? no, I don't think it's thick enough for that, though I use it a lot to apply colour on the tearduct or on the lower lid. It's much more precise than a pencil brush. I would recomment it to someone who wants a brush this tiny, I like it
smiles.gif

BK23 Spoolie It's a spoolie with black handle... that's all LOL I mean it does the job there's no secret in that, you want a spoolie? get this one

BK34 Lash fan It does the job well too, I use it to apply mascara on others. I like this one too.

S209 Oval fluff It's nice too, as soft and dense as the ones in the Luna series. I recommend this one too.

S226 Pure sable brow I don't really like this one, it's not dense enough and it's too scratchy. I have one from MUFE which is stiff but not scratchy like this one. It has a travel size handle. Don't recommend this one.

S298 Lash definer Does the job, it's fine. Like the spoolie, if you want one of these brushes get it.

IB117 Taklon lip Eugh, this brush is horrible, there are better lip brushes on the drugstore, it's hard and scratchy looks like the same fibers as the brow brush, and I don't want that on my lips... I def not recommend this one

C250-1
Taklon liner #1 This one is too flimpsy, it's not firm enough for liners, have tried to used it but it doesn't work. Pass this one too.

Their customer service it's fine, they are not the quickest but they'll get back to you.

Overall my opinion is good, I'll order from them again for sure. The eyebrushes are awesome for the price. Plus there are lots of brushes I want to try.

nichollecaren

awesome! Glad u like them---I have had my eye on that mini chisel smudger...but they have this 25.00 limit that I cant seem to reach!