Curling Perms

kimmietrinh

Let me start off by saying I know nothing about perms-except that it is potentially damaging? I bought Revlon Salon Perfection Body and Styling Wave which I think is a perm box. However, I couldn't find any reviews or anything. How damaging are perms usually? How long do they last usually? I know that it varies from brands or strengths, but what is the typical drugstore perm details? I dye my hair every 3 months. There are split ends and my hair has not seen a pair of scissors in a year. Will I end up with awful dried hair??? Thank you in advance.

ShortnSassy

is there bleach on your hair? if the answer is yes, i would highly recommend not perming your hair... it could melt off. if you colored your hair with a drugstore brand, it could have metallic dyes in it which could have a chemical reaction with the perm solution which could also result in your hair melting. i would highly HIGHLY recommend going to a stylist and getting a consultation about getting your hair permed. it is a serious chemical and if you really want to avoid dry, damaged hair (and possibly a chemical haircut), i would leave the perming up to the professionals.

MissAlexisDDD

Especially if your hair is drugstore colour I'd say no. I don't think professional salons would even touch that.

I found out that perms have the same ingredients as nair.

Latest posts