Curls

Lalli

I have naturally wavy sorta hair but after ive washed it I can never get it to look pretty without straightning or using curling tongs.. lol haha
Ive recently had my hair colord back to its original color and finally its growing at a decent pace so i dont wana wreck it up.. im tryin to stay away from the heat products..

how can I make curls without using heat?
hmm.gif

NikkiHorror

Velcro rollers are amazing! Take a shower at night and let air dry...put some curling lotion through your hair and then roll your hair up in velcro or foam rollers. Wrap your hair in a bandanna rosie-the-rivetor style overnight, take em out in the morning, shake, and go!

thestarsfall

I'm kinda in the same boat...only different..haha

If you took the average of my hair it would be wavy...but everything underneath (like ear to ear down) goes rather curly (like ringlets) if i dont blowdry and straighten (or comb out while drying) and everything above that is stick straight with maybe a slight flip wave or something....

I like the ringlets but I can never get the top half of my hair to curl and I suck at curling using rollers or irons hehe...

Dreamergirl3

I know you don't want to use heat, but a diffuser attatchment to your blowdryer is great for curly or wavy hair. Just have the everything on low. Make sure to put some good product in your hair (mousse, curl enhancing stuff, whatever you like) too and blowdry with the diffuser. It's actually pretty gentle on your hair.

Another tip is to apply product, separate your hair into sections (four, 8, however small you want them to be) and put each section into a loose bun. Air dry or use a diffuser until they're dry (which could take a while because they're buns). Take them down gently and shake and go!

If you REALLY have the time and patience (and some skill) pin curls are great. I know how to do them, but to me it's one of the trickiest things to describe. Here's a link that describes it http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip6412.htm

hope this helped some!

Latest posts