Curly Hair Advice?

anmackey85

I have like 3c curly hair and I've been trying to find the perfect product for it. I use to have a relaxer but now I'm totally natural and the usual shampoo and conditioners and styling products are just not working any advice?
th_dunno.gif

diamonddiva

Are you strugging with moisture, breakage??? I have 3c hair, and I could help you more if I knew exactly what you are looking for?

entyce08

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddiva
Are you strugging with moisture, breakage??? I have 3c hair, and I could help you more if I knew exactly what you are looking for?

^^^same here^^^

hollyca

Go to that Naturally Curly website. I'm a 3A so probably not much help. Have you tried Curls Rock? It's a pretty popular product. Also Ouidad.com might be worth looking into, but it didn't do a lot for me.

Nox

Carol's Daughter products can be alright, although everything that I put on my hair these days is edible or vegetable based, henna and all. Deep treatments, protein treatments, conditioners, all from my kitchen, and my hair has never been in finer shape than this.

I'd be totally happy to share some recipes if you'd like.
smiles.gif

I'm around a 3b/c. I apply my leave-in and use a mixture of Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt and a few drops of Paul Mitchell Foaming Pomade, followed by Kerastase Oleo-Relax Elixir. This gives a really nice shiny defined look.

However, I find I can't use them if I plan to co-wash for the week, as the some of the ingredients aren't water soluable. If I'm co-washing for the week, I co-wash with Nexxus Phyto Organics Humectin conditioner and use the Nexxus Phyto Organics Luxtress leave-in and Phyto 7, followed by Paul Mitchell Round Trip (with water soluable silicones), and put it in a ponytail.

Regular washes I uses Elucence shampoos, Affirm 5 in 1, KeraCare Humecto, and Mizani Hydraphuse.

I don't have my regimine down 100% yet (as I've been wearing weaves throughout my entire transition), but so far this is working for me when it's not straightened.

When I am straigtening, I use only Kerastase and Redken products.

anmackey85

Thanks for all the advise I'm so grateful. Umm at the time I was dealing with not being able to have 2nd day hair. I really couldn't get my curls to be defined as well as when it was shorter. I really think that was due to damage as a result to a lot of coloring. First I dyed it red then honey blonde the a really light blonde that was basically bleached. After that I scraped all those to return to my "natural" hair color black and I made the mistake of dyeing it jet black instead of soft black and it made my hair look super weird. After that The black would rinse out everyday when I would co-wash so it turned more natural looking but I still wasn't satisfied. After that I began snipping off bit calling myself trimming the ends, but I made the mistake of doing this when it was straight so the next time I wore it natural it was totally uneven. Then I just decided to free myself and cut it all off so now it is extremely short
th_LMAO.gif

MAC Makeup Fanatic: My New Haircut