cute old ladies with bright pink lipstick

jayne5787

just something random...

but I love the old ladies that come into my work that rock the bright pink/fuschia lipstick. They're so cute and they're always so nice...and they usually have their husband just kinda following them around. We have this one older couple that comes in and they always, always lose each other. The husband will come up and be like, "have you seen my wife?" then disappear and the wife would come around and say, "where is that husband of mine?" and wander off...and so on. We're just like, ahh just stay here I'll find him/her!
th_LMAO.gif

Then when they come up to check out the husband always makes a joke that his wife picks out all the stuff and he's just there to pay
greengrin.gif

That's all...I just thought it was cute and figured I'd share
greengrin.gif

captodometer

I plan on being one of those little old ladies with the bright lipstick, LOL. But mine will be red or orange instead of pink
tong.gif

foxykita143

Re: cute old ladies with bright pink lipstick *delete*

Lol I know what you mean, its always hot pink, red, or like bright coral lol. And then they usually have the stunner shades on haha. This one lady at my old work used to come in and she had this huuuge lime green rhinestone encrusted vintage Versace sunglasses and she was always rocking the hot ass pink lipstick, no matter what the outfit was. It looked cute with the stunners though, nice contrast lol.
cooldude.gif

TDoll

My great grandmother lived to be well into her 90's and she suffered from Alzheimers (sp?). Her memory was gone and she had no idea what was going on day to day or who any of her family were, but she kept her tube of dark pink lipstick on her all the time and could apply it perfectly...and without a mirror! She was always so fun to be around.

User93

I looove this ladies, and i love love love to see couples like that, it always puts a smile on my face and tears in my eyes. We were in the movies a week ago, and we went to the morning session as we were busy in the evening. They have discounts in prices for students and old people at this time. So when the movies was over, i saw that sweet couple there, arond 65-70 years old, grandma like that, and her husband, and damn, they were so sweet, he was rockin some hat, and she was in a cute dress and that lipstick. They were holding each other, thats so sweet, to ge see Indiana Jones movie together.
Thats a real blessing to be a grams like that one day. And to spend your whole life with 1 man. I SO wanna be the same one!

M.A.C. head.

Awww hahaha, I love people like that. It's nice to know that you don't always become a completely different person when you get old.

And I just adore watching old couples. That's exactly what I want.

ms.marymac

I love older people. They are a reminder of a time when people were just, well...different. They have been through and seen things a lot of us will never have to, and they deserve respect!

We went to a concert a while ago and there were two older men (Had to be in their 70's) at this show, trying to figure out how to get to the person checking ids so they could show their ticket. All these younger people kept breezing past them and getting impatient. I stopped pedestrian traffic and let these to GENTLEMEN (lol) go ahead of me and everyone else, and showed them where to go.

Back on topic: I also love the saucy older lady and her bright lipstick. "I gotta have some color, honey."
lol.gif

And jayne5787, that sounds like my folks!

coachkitten

There is a CHANEL lipstick that is B-R-I-G-H-T fuschia that my grandmother rocks. It literaly goes all over as she doesn't use a lip liner. It is one of the things that I will remember most about my grandmother is her love of makeup and bright lipstick. I think that is one reason that makeup is such a big deal to me. I hope that Chanel never discontinues this lipstick because when I am old and grey I want to wear the exact same shade!
smiles.gif

kimmy

when i get old, i'm going to wear impassioned l/s every single day. mark my words.

KimmyAnn_678

Elizabeth Arden's #1 selling lipstick is Pink Vibrations... I can't find a good picture of it on the web, but it is a very bright, very pigmented intense hot pink... LOL, if you ever walk past an Arden tester unit, you'll be sure to see it.

smiles.gif

rbella

I love old ladies with bright lips!!!!!!!! Especially if they have big hair and carry some fantastic bag! I also love the ones at the thrift stores with their faces made up and their best dress on and they are haggling over $1 for some random glass bowl. Love em, Love em, Love em!!!!!!!!

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyAnn_678
Elizabeth Arden's #1 selling lipstick is Pink Vibrations... I can't find a good picture of it on the web, but it is a very bright, very pigmented intense hot pink... LOL, if you ever walk past an Arden tester unit, you'll be sure to see it.

smiles.gif

I know exactly which one that you are talking about! That color is gorgeous!

ratmist

My great-grandmother was one hell of a southern lady. Her lipstick and her nail polish always matched perfectly. She would get her hair shampooed, curled and set every Saturday at her salon, even when she was so frail my father had to walk behind her to ensure she didn't collapse. Every morning she'd put on her lipstick, even though she rarely left the house after the age of 90. My father - her carer - called it "her war paint". I honestly believe the cosmetics and attention she paid to her appearance is what kept her going for so much longer than she might have otherwise. There's not a lot of difference between my need to feel pretty and confident before leaving the house and her need to feel beautiful, even if she was old.

It seems she was exclusively devoted to Chanel, and she had tons of vintage cosmetics in her bathroom. Even now, the smell of Chanel No 5 makes me think of her.

Conversely, that's why I don't wear it. Smells like old lady! :p

User93

I think old ladies love Chanel so much (my Grams aswell) cause thats what they loved and got used to when they were in 20es, makes them remember those days, where thay charmed their "grandpas"
winks.gif
If only we get to be grandmas like that, im sure we gonna rock MAC lipsticks.. And girls at spectra in 40 yrs gonna make a thread like "that fun cute old ladies you always meet at the MAC counter"
winks.gif
lol

KittieSparkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
There is a CHANEL lipstick that is B-R-I-G-H-T fuschia that my grandmother rocks. It literaly goes all over as she doesn't use a lip liner. It is one of the things that I will remember most about my grandmother is her love of makeup and bright lipstick. I think that is one reason that makeup is such a big deal to me. I hope that Chanel never discontinues this lipstick because when I am old and grey I want to wear the exact same shade!
smiles.gif

Is the color "Bahamas"? That is the one my grandmother uses. If she is not wearing that one she is wearing “Coco Red" "For the days she has to dress conservative" that color is also bright as anything.
th_LMAO.gif
God bless her. LOL

Got to love them, they are just so fabulous.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyAnn_678

smiles.gif

I have it. You need sunglasses when you open the tube! lol

I love it!

IMG_1609.jpg