Cute Work Shoes!

NikkiHorror

(This can either go in Fashion or here, you are welcome to move it
smiles.gif
)

What shoes do you guys wear to work? I know they have to be both stylish and comfortable, but is there such a thing? Each time I buy a new pair of work shoes, they always dissapoint (except for wedges, come to think of it...) Post pics of your favorite work shoes and tell us where you got em!

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiHorror
(This can either go in Fashion or here, you are welcome to move it
smiles.gif
)

What shoes do you guys wear to work? I know they have to be both stylish and comfortable, but is there such a thing? Each time I buy a new pair of work shoes, they always dissapoint (except for wedges, come to think of it...) Post pics of your favorite work shoes and tell us where you got em!

I'm looking for a pair myself. I haven't tried wedges. I currently wear ballet flats but I'm getting a bit tired of them.
ssad.gif

pixichik77

I wear a lot of Nine West and Steve Madden, mostly heels. Those brands support my feet very well. I have some Nine West wedges that are SO comfortable. I don't wear a lot of flats because I have become very used to height...

maxcat

Motorcycle boots. If you get a good high quality pair and keep them nice and shiny you can wear them with a mess of stuff.

giz2000

Besides wedges and ballet flats, I wear these SUPER UGLY shoes that I bought out of sheer desperation...I was working one of my first shifts at MAC and my feet were on fire...literally...I could not concentrate because of the sheer pain. I hightailed it to JC Penney and saw these incredibly ugly shoes with the most incredibly cuhioned insoles I have ever felt. They feel like pillows on your feet. I can do 9 - 10 hours with these on and not have the slightest twinge of pain. I only wear them when my pants are really long and cover everything but the toes. Here's a pic (you've been warned - they are UUUUGGGGLLLLYYY!! Mine are black and without the strap across the top of the shoe):

http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=9452&CatID=29538&CatTyp=DEP&I temTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=10bec1c&ProdSeq=22&Cat= casual&Dep=Shoes&PCat=Women%27s+Comfort&PCatID=286 56&RefPage=ProductList&Sale=&ProdCount=29&RecPtr=& ShowMenu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=0&RefPageName=CategoryAll.a spx&RefCatID=28656&RefDeptID=9452&Page=3&CmCatId=9 452|28656|29538

Deirdre

A big second for 9 West wedges. I can go all day and all night in those. They have some cute styles, too.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
Besides wedges and ballet flats, I wear these SUPER UGLY shoes that I bought out of sheer desperation...I was working one of my first shifts at MAC and my feet were on fire...literally...I could not concentrate because of the sheer pain. I hobbled over to JC Penney on my lunch break (thankfully, it's right next to the Nordstroms) and saw these incredibly ugly shoes with the most incredibly cuhioned insoles I have ever felt. They feel like pillows on your feet. I can do 9 - 10 hours with these on and not have the slightest twinge of pain. I only wear them when my pants are really long and cover everything but the toes.

they aren't ugly as such.. they just aren't super trendy. they are a classic style.
smiles.gif
i used to wear a similar looking pair for bar work (i worked in a club where we had to wear "nice" shoes, not trainers) and they were the comfiest shoes ever! if you aren't required to be really trendy these are a go.

i have two words when having to wear heels for long periods: party feet! best invention ever. i have them in all of my heels.

pixichik77

I use Foot Petals in all my heels. They are great padding and don't wear out too quickly. In full coverage flats, I like Birkenstock inserts. Also, I have never been able to try them, but Royal Elastics have really cute sporty flats.

lara

Ballet flats in really soft leather, Chuck Taylors, flat riding-style boots.

No way can I do a squillion hours in anything but flats. For the birds, man.

hnich

If anyone finds any cute, comfy shoes with heel let me know too!
I wear running shoes...they're really comfortable, a little funky, but actually pretty ugly on my feet
LF_5flowergeisha.jpg

It's the rounded toe and the flatness that I don't like..., it's a shame all the uncomfortable things make my feet look so good...
I'm a bar waitress btw, so I know I need a really comfortable pair...

I might just give up and start wearing my cowboy boots and buy a cushy insole

shabdebaz

My absolute favourite work shoes are my black leather flat riding boots from J. Crew. I can wear them with pretty much anything except for dressy pants. And I can work a long shift in them without any pain!

NikkiHorror

Ooooo I love these! From Nine West's website

PG.jpg

And these are from Steve Madden online: they come in black, too.

VARIETYREDSUEDE.jpg

Bernadette, the comfiest creepers are Demonia's, they have a secret coffin compartment in the sole!!
oh.gif
! I've had mine for years and they feel like clouds
smiles.gif

Bernadette

Those red Steve Madden's are amazing and the polka dots inside are killin' me. I don't think I could stand all day in em though
ssad.gif

Thanks so much for the scoop on the creepers, when I buy some I'll go for those
clap.gif

Katura

I live in heels. And I'm a self proclimed shoe-whore. That's the first thing I look at when I go shopping... Except for fridays, then it's my super comfy way cute DVS skate shoes that the boyfriend bought me.

kimmy

i wear my black Vans to work daily...i have a pair of black Reeboks too, but they make my feet start aching a little after about 4 hours, and i usually work 6-9 hour shifts.

tabegohan

does anyone know of a good place to buy flats/ballet flats for work? i work at nordstroms and walk around all day so wearing heels would just kill my feet.