Da Vinci Code Movie

MAC_Whore

So...it opens in just 2 days. I loved the book. I read it in 2 days.

I just read on MSN that the movie wasn't very well received at Cannes, but I really don't think that will stop me from going to see it. I liked the book enough to chance the movie.

Who else is going? Are you worried it will be too different from the book? Or does it matter if there are differences if the movie is good enough?

pumpkincat210

I'm excited for it.. i heard it got bad reviews too, but I love Audrey Tatou so i'm biased. The book was good and i read it in 2 days too.

shabdebaz

I have tickets for Friday night. I am pretty excited since it has been 3 years since I have read the book. And I looooved the book.

Pink_lily

i really liked the book, and i've been waiting for this movie. my boyfriend said he wants to stay in on saturday night and clean (booooooooooooo!), so i'm doing a TON of cleaning today and tomorrow to get him to take me to the movie on saturday!

colormust

oh man i cant wait till it comes out tomorrow....
i read the book for the first time in 2004 and i have read it two times since then. such a great book. i really hope they do the book justice.

whoever sees it first you gotta post and let us know!

browneyedbaby

I wanna see it hope it's not a let down! And I really near two places where there did filming here in the UK so should be interesting to see how different they look!

iiifugaziii

oh man... i've been waiting for this movie to come out since i heard they were making it. (and i freakin' love tom hanks) but i just read like 3 reviews on it and they ALL say it's boring and it just wasn't what it could've been. so that sucks. but i'm still seeing it!

Georgiecat

I thought the book was satisfactory, but love to see film versions of what I read. I am going tonight. My standards for movies aren't very high though, so even if it does turn out to be as bad as the reviews, I won't mind. I enjoy watching Tom Hanks. He captivates me for some reason.

mrskloo

Although Tom Hanks is an amazing actor, I won't be seeing the movie.. haven't read the book either.
smiles.gif

Sanne

I saw it!!!

it was an amazing movie, I have no idea why the film was srashed in reviews, I was intriqued!!! It's one of those movies you need to see twice, to find the secrets in the beginning you don't see untill you have discovered the clue.
I must admit that I never read the book (I intend to, but I never take the moment to sit and read) and maybe the movie isn't amazing compared to the book.... I'll let someone who've read the book make that disicion!

my opinnion: a +++++movie!

Ms. Z

I'm excited, I'm supposed to see it on Saturday, but I might wait until next week when the crowds are smaller.

mjalomo

I read the book and saw it tonight. I loved it!!! I loved it more than the book, which is very rare because I'm an English teacher & tend to favor the print version. I think the pacing is excellent, Ron Howard masterfully removed some of the weak prose without sacrificing the plot. I had trouble picturing Tom Hanks as the protagonist, but he nailed this role!!!! Our showings have sold out locally, and in the theatre I was in, people were so involved in the film they did not leave their seats to use the restroom.

coachkitten

Wow! I love you all because I was really bummed when I read the reviews but am happy to hear that you all liked it! I would trust the specktra-gals opinions before some stinky critic in the paper! Now I am excited again!!!
smiles.gif

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Wow! I love you all because I was really bummed when I read the reviews but am happy to hear that you all liked it! I would trust the specktra-gals opinions before some stinky critic in the paper! Now I am excited again!!!
smiles.gif

yeah I felt bummed too when I read the reviews, this was a first movie in a long time I felt I NEEDED to see, but I have no idea why the critics did't like it!

colormust

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjalomo
I read the book and saw it tonight. I loved it!!! I loved it more than the book, which is very rare because I'm an English teacher & tend to favor the print version. I think the pacing is excellent, Ron Howard masterfully removed some of the weak prose without sacrificing the plot. I had trouble picturing Tom Hanks as the protagonist, but he nailed this role!!!! Our showings have sold out locally, and in the theatre I was in, people were so involved in the film they did not leave their seats to use the restroom.

yay i am so excited...it is playing at my drive-ins!!! going tomorrow nite....

great review!!!

JesusShaves

I watched it yesterday. I agree with the critics about Paul Bettany (i think) who played Silas... haha... i could only laugh at his performace. He was so terrible. He annoyed me so much!

I cant believe someone said Audrey was wooden (johny vaughn in the Sun newspaper). I thought she was excellent, played sophie exactly as i saw her! I've tried to stay away from what the critics say (like i do with all films), as i tend to disagree with them on most things.

Its always the same story though, the book is better than the film. I think the book is more believable. Though it is only fiction
winks.gif
I did have goose bumps for the XMEN 3 trailer they showed... more excited about that... hehe!

inlucesco

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusShaves
I watched it yesterday. I agree with the critics about Paul Bettany (i think) who played Silas... haha... i could only laugh at his performace. He was so terrible. He annoyed me so much!

Heheh, I thought he was great. My specialty is medieval history, and the self-flagellating monks really intrigue me. I thought he did a pretty good job of portraying that role - devoted and insane at the same time.
greengrin.gif

And I did like the movie. I didn't expect much, but I came out of there pretty pleased with the whole thing.

MAC_Whore

Well, screw the critics! I am more interested in what the ladies of Specktra have to say!
smiles.gif

Also, you have to wonder.......All of these critics sitting in the same room, watching the film at the same time. I imagine that there is a bit of peer pressure involved in their reactions. I could see where they might feel some pressure (whether they realize it or not) to go with the majority or risk being labeled simple or uncultured in the world of critics. Critics are, well, critics.

csuthetaphi

I went and saw it last night. I never read the book, but I thought it was a great movie. I have a hard time sitting through long movies, I usually get really bored. But this one, I was intrigued til the very end.