Da Vinci Code Movie

ishtarchick

okay i saw it last night. it IS a good movie altho (as usually happens) not as good as the book, however it is pretty accurate, nice adaptation.

now sort of a spoiler here, warning:

i think all the critics are saying it isn't good because there is like, no chemistry between sophie and langdon, well, as i see it there is very little acting for audrey tautou in the film, a lot of parts of the book were omitted (i know, if they weren't it would have been an 8 hr film) but, most of what was omitted are the parts where Sophie shows off herself, and when she proves she's as smart as langdon. so, since all those parts are missing, it appears as if sophie in the movie is just "the pretty girl", she barely does anything. the second anagram, the one with "madonna of the rocks" is supposed to be broken by her and in the film it is robert who breaks it... and many other things like so.

in mu humble opinion, i think tom hanks (as usual) gives a great performance but iti is because it looks as if the script was written for him, not for him and "sophie".

the BEST character, by far, has to be Silas, such a powerful performance!!! i was amazed by it.
but what the hell, stilll a great movie, even more if you haven't read the book.

cookies

I thought it was scary! I saw a late session which didn't finish until 1am or so, and when my friend and I were walking back to the car, I was clutching onto her cause I was paranoid of albino monks creeping up on us!

pumpkincat210

I liked the movie! I was reading the yahoo! reviews. It got a C-, but if you look closer most of the people that gave it an F, didn't even see the movie. They were mostly religious fanatics that could hardly spell and they were saying if we saw it we'd go to hell. That just made me want to see it more, haha.

Juneplum

wow. i just got back from seeing it and DH and I reall liked it. i thought paul bettany (the monk) was GREAT! his performance shocked me. he played the role very well. i agree with ishtarchick that the role of sophie should have been been played a bit truer to the book but this is hollywood
greengrin.gif
lol.gif
i enjoyed it :thumbsup:

swimagal23

i sorta wanna see it but, i im not sure because its very controversial for my religious beliefs, the thing is people read the book/see the movie and they think its all the true. see im fine with it as log as peopel no that it is fiction not fact. like the book is in the fiction section and yet peopel still think its true, the stuff written in it..

M.A.C*Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimagal23
i sorta wanna see it but, i im not sure because its very controversial for my religious beliefs, the thing is people read the book/see the movie and they think its all the true. see im fine with it as log as peopel no that it is fiction not fact. like the book is in the fiction section and yet peopel still think its true, the stuff written in it..

APART ROM RELIGION IM A BIG SISSY AND IM THE PERSON THAT STARTS TO LET IT GET TO ME AND I START THINKING ALL KINDS OF CRAZY STUFF
ssad.gif

I just got back from the cinema and I really liked that movie!

I read the book three times and the movie wasn't as bad as book based movies are supposed to be!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimagal23

Aww, you shouldn't let that dissuade you. It was a good movie. Some may believe that is fact, but that's OK. All religion is someone's interpretation of events. You can still hold strong to your beliefs and enjoy the art of a good movie or book. I've always felt that you can't really embrace your beliefs until you know what other beliefs are out there. It helps you more completely understand why you have the feelings you do.
smiles.gif

miss_emc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookies
I thought it was scary! I saw a late session which didn't finish until 1am or so, and when my friend and I were walking back to the car, I was clutching onto her cause I was paranoid of albino monks creeping up on us!

I just stumbled across this thread and couldn't help but thank you for making me laugh so much at that comment, honestly, that is so funny

Latest posts