Dainty Cake Look-A-Like?

Gabrielle

My mom recently gave me a Max Factor lipstick in the color "Crystal Pink"

It's a bright-ish pink with a lot of gold shimmer in it.

Now, I've only seen Dainty Cake in pictures so I couldn't really compare too well, but from the pictures, it might look like it a little?...

I took some pictures myself but the colors aren't true to life because I used flash and artificial lighting. It's 10:41PM here in New York so it's not like I could go by the window and take some pictures.
ssad.gif

2a0f8279.jpg

No flash.
c7346c00.jpg

With flash.
f6eb758c.jpg

It's brighter in person and has more gold in it. I think the flash and lighting washed out the color a bit though.

Gabrielle

Yeah, I bought that. It has a funky smell to it. The NYC one is more coral and this one is more pink.

user3

I don't have dainty cake either but I have been told that WnW has a lookalike. I picked it up. Sorry can't recall the # of it right now but I am thinking the Maxfactor one you have mixed with WnW would be a great match according to pics.
the WnW is more gold.

Either way that color you have is very nice!

Gabrielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap2it
I don't have dainty cake either but I have been told that WnW has a lookalike. I picked it up. Sorry can't recall the # of it right now but I am thinking the Maxfactor one you have mixed with WnW would be a great match according to pics.
the WnW is more gold.

Either way that color you have is very nice!

Yea, I think flash washed out the gold shimmer in it. There's more than the picture shows. ^_^;;

mspixieears

I actually made up my own near-identical dupe to Dainty Cake except it's in gloss form!

Rose pigment - used sparingly, mixed with Sweet Brule lipglass tasti. Was so proud when I came up with this little number! I *could* possibly send a sample pot for you of my mix?

Gabrielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
I actually made up my own near-identical dupe to Dainty Cake except it's in gloss form!

Rose pigment - used sparingly, mixed with Sweet Brule lipglass tasti. Was so proud when I came up with this little number! I *could* possibly send a sample pot for you of my mix?

That's very generous of you but I think my father would beat me (not literally) if I gave out my address on the internet. He's kind of paranoid about that stuff (minus eBay and Amazon... go figure.) o_O

Thanks though!
smiles.gif

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle
That's very generous of you but I think my father would beat me (not literally) if I gave out my address on the internet. He's kind of paranoid about that stuff (minus eBay and Amazon... go figure.) o_O

Thanks though!
smiles.gif

Bummer, I understand though. My folks insist we shred documents with 'sensitive' information. My Australian friends think we're nuts (although you would be too, if you lived in London at the time Thatcher was in power).

Hopefully based on my 'recipe', you can make some of your own?

On second thought, I could list a jar as an eBay auction, except that you'd be the only 'buyer' and I wouldn't charge anything???

user3

Gabrielle,
Was the Max Factor l/s a recent purchase? I have looked everywhere for this color and found nothing. I check the site too and I can't find it on there. It's such a pretty color!

Latest posts