Dandruff/Dry scalp

incorporeal_x

I have this kind of strip of really dry skin/scalp on my back of my head, like right at the nape of my neck. It's been there for a while but recently it's really itchy and dandruffy. It's kind of gross and annoying.

I do dye my hair but it's not that because it's only on this one part of my head.

I'm sick of scratching my head all the time and having dandruff but I don't really know what to do. Putting lotion on my head is just weird haha

So are there shampoos I can use or some kind of scalp treatment?

Thanks!

eowyn797

i have dandruff issues in the winter sometimes and something that works really well for me is Neutrogena's Triple Moisture Soothing Scalp Shampoo. i just use my regular conditioner afterwards, but they do make a Triple Mouisture conditioner that goes with the shampoo.

i used to use things like Head & Shoulders and Neutrogena's T-Gel when i was younger, but they just made the problem worse.

incorporeal_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by eowyn797
i have dandruff issues in the winter sometimes and something that works really well for me is Neutrogena's Triple Moisture Soothing Scalp Shampoo. i just use my regular conditioner afterwards, but they do make a Triple Mouisture conditioner that goes with the shampoo.

i used to use things like Head & Shoulders and Neutrogena's T-Gel when i was younger, but they just made the problem worse.

Thanks, I'll try it out

CincyFan

I highly recommend Giovanni Triple Tea Treat Shampoo & Conditioner. They really help with my dry scalp issues. The bonus is that the shampoo is sulfate free so it won't affect your color. You can find Giovanni and most health food stores. I get mine at our local Vitamin Shoppe.

d_flawless

i hear the new tea tree oil line from paul mitchell works really well, as TT oil is a natural antiseptic