Danse MSF's?

doniad101

Any NW45's or any close color... try Glissade or Lightscape? Thinking about ordering it, but dont know how they would look on my NW45 skin. Any suggestions are highly appreciated
type.gif
Thanks so much!

doniad101

:eek:D

OMGosh! Yes!!! Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo much! I really appreciate it. Do you find that it looks ashy at all when you apply it to your cheeks?

Indigowaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by doniad101
OMGosh! Yes!!! Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo much! I really appreciate it. Do you find that it looks ashy at all when you apply it to your cheeks?

Lol. I haven't applied it to my cheeks yet but you'll be the first to see when I do. Almost don't want to use it. It's my first shimmer msf.
cheerleader.gif

doniad101

LOL. Ohh okay LOL. Thank you sooo much! I cant wait to see! I only have tried two MSF's. Shooting Star-which I found a bit ashy and Stereo Rose-which was okay, but not the best. So I'm hoping I will like either glissade or lighscape... or maybe both. LOL
oh.gif
)

Naturellle

Quote:
LOL. Ohh okay LOL. Thank you sooo much! I cant wait to see! I only have tried two MSF's. Shooting Star-which I found a bit ashy and Stereo Rose-which was okay, but not the best. So I'm hoping I will like either glissade or lighscape... or maybe both. LOL
oh.gif
)

I'm NC45 and I purchased the glissade msf and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! I'm afriad to get lightscapade for fear of it looking ashy on my. I don't like shooting star as it didn't compliment me at all. Shimpagne was ashy looking on me. This the first msf that really works for me. I'm tempted to get a back up but I won't because I have other products that I need to use up as well. It is a gorgeous peachy pink shimmer but not too shimmery. I put it on my cheeks and it looks fab. Perfect for a light, everyday look. It really compliments my coloring. I think this color is perfect for women of color. I suggest you try it on your face before you buy. I find that for myself, the color looks slightly different on my face than on my hand. HTH.

Indigowaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturellle
I'm afriad to get lightscapade for fear of it looking ashy on my.

I think this color is perfect for women of color. I suggest you try it on your face before you buy. I find that for myself, the color looks slightly different on my face than on my hand. HTH.

Thanks! I didn't want Lightscapade either after seeing it. My MA who might be an NC20 doesn't even want to try it yet, lol. But Glissade looks gorgeous and universal on any color.

sexypuma

I just picked up both msf and my MA actually told me she liked lightscapade better than glissade and thought i should get than one but i wanted both. Btw she is probably nc50 and she told me she liked lightscapade better on herself so... I don't know.

lsperry

Thanks for posting the swatches Indigowaters....I saw an earlier swatch of aire-de-blu on dark skin and fell in love w/it. The glissade looks very pretty on you. I'm getting it too along w/the pigments. I had not seen any LGs swatched on dark skin until you posted these. But, that en pointe looks good on you, too.

I'll go visit the Destin, FL, Belk's store to try on the LGs. I want pigmentation; and I'm afraid to buy it sight-unseen because everyone is complaining about how light and pale this collection is....

Oh well...

Indigowaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
Thanks for posting the swatches Indigowaters....I saw an earlier swatch of aire-de-blu on dark skin and fell in love w/it. The glissade looks very pretty on you. I'm getting it too along w/the pigments. I had not seen any LGs swatched on dark skin until you posted these. But, that en pointe looks good on you, too.

I'll go visit the Destin, FL, Belk's store to try on the LGs. I want pigmentation; and I'm afraid to buy it sight-unseen because everyone is complaining about how light and pale this collection is....

Oh well...

I think this collection will show up well on darker skin. Maybe it’s more pigmented. Cause I tried a shadow from the Flowering Quad that reminds me of Pastorale and this pigment shows up better. The other one requires packing and fix + and a base and it still doesn’t give as good a color payoff.

doniad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
Lol. I haven't applied it to my cheeks yet but you'll be the first to see when I do. Almost don't want to use it. It's my first shimmer msf.
cheerleader.gif

I bought Glissade today. I tried it on at the store and it looked so much like Shooting Star...for some strange reason. So I got outside and looked at the swatch on my hand that I put on from the display looked great. So I got home and swiped it one time and put it on and it looked just like My Milani Luminous blush. So weird. The collection colors are nice, but I wont be purchasing anything but Standing Ovation at the end of the week. Too bad the MSF's didnt work for me
weeping.gif
Well, I'll just wait for others to come out. Wish me luck! LOL
ssad.gif

Naturellle

Quote:
I bought Glissade today. I tried it on at the store and it looked so much like Shooting Star...for some strange reason. So I got outside and looked at the swatch on my hand that I put on from the display looked great. So I got home and swiped it one time and put it on and it looked just like My Milani Luminous blush. So weird. The collection colors are nice, but I wont be purchasing anything but Standing Ovation at the end of the week. Too bad the MSF's didnt work for me
weeping.gif
Well, I'll just wait for others to come out. Wish me luck! LOL
ssad.gif

Ahhh..that sucks! Hopefully, MAC will come out w/an MSF that will suit you. Glissade is the only MSF that I've had success with. The others ones I've tried never looked good on me.

Anyhow, I went back to MAC today to see if I could get another Glissade but they were sold out. They still had Lightscapade. I tried it and just as I suspected, ashy. Not complimentary at all. So that is one MSF that I wouldn't recommend.

design

lightscapade

love, love , love lightscapade!
eyelove.gif
i almost want another one. it reminds me of the guerlian product with the multicolored balls. I am asian, hispanic and french and I didn't think it was too ashy. it gave a gorgeous glow to my face. Don't be scared of it! Just use a really light hand to avoid the alien look.

amoona

I'm an NC40 and I only picked up Glissade, Lightscapade wasn't my thing. Glissade looks great though! Get it before it's sold out!

doniad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturellle
Ahhh..that sucks! Hopefully, MAC will come out w/an MSF that will suit you. Glissade is the only MSF that I've had success with. The others ones I've tried never looked good on me.

Anyhow, I went back to MAC today to see if I could get another Glissade but they were sold out. They still had Lightscapade. I tried it and just as I suspected, ashy. Not complimentary at all. So that is one MSF that I wouldn't recommend.

Thats funny that you said that, b/c I just wrote MAC a letter complaining about the MSF's.
rofl.gif
I'm happy that you found an MSF that works for you! Lightscpade was awful. It looked so ashy on me.
ssad.gif
I'm surprised that is sold out so fast! wow! But other than the MSF's I found that the lipcolors were okay looking. Standing ovation was gorgeous. I'm going back to get that. LOL

ebonyannette

I tried both of them on my hand at the counter Im NW55 and neither one of them worked for me.
I would probably just use them to highlight my cheeks which isnt really worth it to me. I did fall in love with Corps De Ballet lipglass.

The eyeshadows are very pigmented for pastels french grey reminded me of club a little I have to try that one on next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
I'm an NC40 and I only picked up Glissade, Lightscapade wasn't my thing. Glissade looks great though! Get it before it's sold out!

I'm really glad to see this post, Amoona - I am NC40 too and was really hoping that one of these two would suit my colouring. I really would love to own Lightscapade just for the "pretties" factor, but i don't need it, whereas I do like the look of Glissade.

Tai

I have to go to the counter to try Glissade on. I missed all the other MSF's before and I hope this one looks good on a NC45. I need something to help me glow.

doniad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyannette
I tried both of them on my hand at the counter Im NW55 and neither one of them worked for me.
I would probably just use them to highlight my cheeks which isnt really worth it to me. I did fall in love with Corps De Ballet lipglass.

The eyeshadows are very pigmented for pastels french grey reminded me of club a little I have to try that one on next time.

ITA, Corps De Ballet lipglass was really pretty also. The eye shadows were okay, but I didnt like any of the pigments. I found them to be a bit too much for my liking. *crosses fingers* better luck next time for us both
smiles.gif