Danse MSF's?

KeshieShimmer

Quote:
and it looked just like My Milani Luminous blush

ah that's good to know because I was going to buy a back up of glissade. I love it. Now the other one was too ashy. I want to see how such a dark skin tone can wear this color! haha

doniad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeshieShimmer
ah that's good to know because I was going to buy a back up of glissade. I love it. Now the other one was too ashy. I want to see how such a dark skin tone can wear this color! haha

Glissade looks really pretty in the pot, but horrible on my skin tone.(NW45) too bad I couldnt pull it off. Now lightscape was horrible. I was like wtf?! LOL!

amoona

Quote:
Originally Posted by doniad101
Glissade looks really pretty in the pot, but horrible on my skin tone.(NW45) too bad I couldnt pull it off. Now lightscape was horrible. I was like wtf?! LOL!

I'm an NC40 and I loved Glissade until the next day. I put it on and it just didn't seem to have much color payoff, just glitter. It was my first MSF too
weeping.gif
Hopefully the natural colored ones coming out will be better.

teka

I am a nc 45 and glissade just looked like glitter on me. No color whatsover! I really complained to the mac makeup artist at the counter. I know it is not up to those who work for mac to choose colors, but it just seems like lately mac cosmetics have been geared to lighter complexions. All of the pale pigments, and skinfinishes!! I am a die hard mac fan...so this is such let down! I guess I can just hope for some rich and deep colors for the future! Until then, I will just use some of the old makeup I already have. :confused:

OK, I bought both of the Danse MSFs. Glissade looks incredible on me, and Lightscapade is the most gorgeous highlighter and really seems to "lift" my skin tone (sorry, i don't know a better word to describe what it does). I think I need back ups...

I also got Corps-de-ballet, which is lovely. Again, its a colour that I thought would be much too pale for me, going by the colour charts and swatches, but in RL, it looks v. elegant.

sexypuma

It's weird that you guys don't like lightscapade. I really love it and use it almost everyday. I haven't used it during the daytime though. But I think it is a gorgeous highlighter. It makes me look so radiant. In fact I haven't even tried my glissade yet, although I bought them together.

Indigowaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
I'm an NC40 and I loved Glissade until the next day. I put it on and it just didn't seem to have much color payoff, just glitter. It was my first MSF too
weeping.gif
Hopefully the natural colored ones coming out will be better.

Same thing here. Glissad is my first one too, and I thought it looked pretty swiped on my hand. But when I put it on my face I finally knew what everyone meant when they said some look ashy.
weeping.gif

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefootgirl
OK, I bought both of the Danse MSFs. Glissade looks incredible on me, and Lightscapade is the most gorgeous highlighter and really seems to "lift" my skin tone (sorry, i don't know a better word to describe what it does). I think I need back ups...

I also got Corps-de-ballet, which is lovely. Again, its a colour that I thought would be much too pale for me, going by the colour charts and swatches, but in RL, it looks v. elegant.

I'm NW45.

I bought Glissade after trying it on at a counter. And I've used it high on my cheek bones swiping it on w/my 188 and a very light hand. It also looks gorgeous over NARS mounia blush, premeditated and virgin isle CCB. I haven't tried it as a eyeshadow, yet. But I'm going to.

And I got the corp de couleur quad. Vapour looked like a very unflattering white color on me; so I popped it out and put pompous blue in its place. The colors are gorgeous together.

But anyone can recreate this quad because the colors are all similar to what MAC has in its regular line. Terre a terre is CLUB es. At a counter last weekend, I swatched both side by side and couldn't tell the difference. I didn't own club or similar colors in the quad.

AND I bought aire-de-blu and pastorale pigments. They're nothing like azreal blue and golder's green. The DANSE piggies have a subdued pearl finish unlike azreal blue and golder's green which have a super-shine "pearl" finish.

Me220

I really love the MSFs. I am an NC42, and I think they are both beautiful, particularly over Raizin blush. I use Glissade low and Lightscapade high on the cheek bone and they work really well. I've heard great things about the pigments, but I couldn't justify how close they were to Azrael Blue and Golder's Green.

Also, ladies. I have to suggest Pas-de-Deux lipglass. I can't tell you how unique and awesome it is. Maybe I'll do a look today with all these.

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me220
I really love the MSFs. I am an NC42, and I think they are both beautiful, particularly over Raizin blush. I use Glissade low and Lightscapade high on the cheek bone and they work really well. I've heard great things about the pigments, but I couldn't justify how close they were to Azrael Blue and Golder's Green.

Also, ladies. I have to suggest Pas-de-Deux lipglass. I can't tell you how unique and awesome it is. Maybe I'll do a look today with all these.

I'm visiting a counter this weekend....I think I'll give lightscapade another try. I want to see how it looks high on the cheek bones because I only swiped it on the back of my hand and didn't like it -- I'll wear raizin blush to test it out. I'll try the pas-de-deux, too. Is it anything like Night Affair lipgalss from the Nocturnelle Collection? I loved the uniqueness of that color -- night white with pink & violet opalescent pearl (Frost).

And yes, I'm looking forward to your FOTD....
eyelove.gif

sexypuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me220

Please do one. I would love to see how you use both msfs. Btw, pastorale is not like golder's green. Pastorale is a softer green.

lipshock

I don't know if I am in the minority or not, but I am a NC 50 and I love, love, love Glissade. I get the feeling my dark-skinned lovelies don't feel the same way?

Every time I wear it, I have women come up to me and ask me how I get my "glow". I wear it on the apples of my cheeks, below my eyes as a highlight, on the tip of my nose, and on my forehead most of the time. I apply it with the #187 brush and buff it in a little with the #182 brush, or any of my fluffy face brushes really.

I should've bought a back up. My stores and counters have already sold out.
ssad.gif

aziajs

I bought Glissade and Lightscapade. I am a NW40. Glissade is just gorgeous. It's a peachy champagne color. The only complaint that I have it that is is pretty shimmery but the MA at my counter suggested buffing it down with the 182 (kabuki) brush to get more of a sheen instead of a shimmery/glitter effect. I bought Lightscapade too cuz it was so pretty in the compact and cuz I collect the MSFs. Anyway, after I bought it I went and talked to the MA cuz I was worried it would be too light/ashy but it wasn't. It really gave me a beautiful glow along my cheekbone. It really is very pretty. And it's NOT gold or really pink which I loved cuz everything seems to be one of the two. It's like a opal effect. And when you apply it wet it's white which would be cool for going out.

I will say that I am dissapointed that MAC doesn't release darker MSFs for women of color. The closest thing they have had was Metal Rock (which is soooo awesome) and Gold Deposit. I thankfully can wear just about all the MSFs but I know that's not the case for everyone and MAC should consider that.

AppleDiva

Re: :eek:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by doniad101
OMGosh! Yes!!! Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo much! I really appreciate it. Do you find that it looks ashy at all when you apply it to your cheeks?

I use Glissade and I love it. It does not look ashy at all, and it makes my cheeks glow.
clap.gif
I also use Stereo Rose MSF, which I absolutely love, and I find them to be similar.