• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

*Dark Eye / Nude Lip* a la Britney Spears cover on Allure. ;]

ch33tah

OK.... so here we go! My second tutorial! This one took under 30 minutes!!! Amazing! :p

So this look is a smudged smoldering eye (think of the ONE time you forgot to wash your make up off before you went to bed.. and woke up the next day with very smudgey 'bed eye' look!) and very pale natural face/lip combo. In the request thread on the second page, there is a photo of Britney Spears on the cover of Allure magazine. I tried to copy that look as well as I could with the colours I have available.

Here's the tools/colours I used:
tools.jpg

for eyes:
L'Oreal De-Crease
MAC blending stick in Beig-ing
Light pink shimmery eyeshadow
MAC eyeshadow in Forgery
MAC eyeshadow in Nehru
NYC eyeshadow in some silvery grey colour
black eye liner pencil
L'Oreal Voluminous mascara
MAC eyebrow pencil in Fling

lips:
MAC concealer in NW20
Chap Stick (original MMMM)
MAC Studio Fix in NC20
Lancome juicy tubes in light pink

tools:
MAC 213
Lancome fluffly blending brush
smudging tool
eyelash curler

Ok so here we go!

I started with my skin already preped. I just used some concealer, bronzing FX powder and cream, nars orgasm blush and some studio fix powder. I've also already applied the L'Oreal De Crease and MAC shade stick in Beig-Ing.

ready%20face.jpg

First step: I get the fluffy brush and dunk it in the shimmery loose pink powder

light%20pink%20shadow.jpg

And then I apply it ALL over my lids to look like so:

pink%20shadow%20all%20over.jpg

Next is the NYC silvery grey shadow with the 213 brush

silver%20grey%20shadow%20and%20brush.jpg

Then I apply this from my lash line to crease only to look like so:

grey%20shadow%20on%20lid.jpg

Next is to line my lids ALL THE WAY AROUND. I use a soft pencil in very black.

blackliner%20thick.jpg

Be sure to get the lower and upper water line as well! Leave no area around the eye unlined!!!

apply%20black%20liner%20all%20around%20eye.jpg

Tightline those suckers too! I just use my black eye pencil. I hold my lashes up and just use small gentle strokes to get right up in the base of the lashes.

tightlinging%20up%20close.jpg

Here's what they should look line once completely lined!

both%20lined%20eyes.jpg

so now that's all done, next is to take the handy smuding tool and dip it in the Nehru shadow... then smudge all the way around the eye... pulling the colour outward... dont be afraid to get messy! it will all get blended in later!

dark%20grey%20and%20smuding%20tool.jpg

smudge%20like%20crazy.jpg

Green eye is smudged, blue is not

one%20smudged%20one%20not.jpg

Once both eyelids have been smudged I will then I go back to the NYC silvery shadow with the 213 brush and i blend all around the eye careful not to go higher than the crease...

blend%20in%20grey%20shadow.jpg

the finished look is this: (please excuse my blue eye, it gets pretty red when i put eyeliner all around and stuff, so try to ignore it!!!! i need some visine!!!)

smudged%20with%20silver%20eyeshadow.jpg

Next I will wipe off the fluffy brush on a towel and get as much of the silver off as I can. I will then dip it into the white Forgery colour and gently whisp up along my brow bone and then blend all over the eye lid... i did add a bit more of the light pink to the very top of the brow bone line as well..

white%20eyeshdaow%20and%20brush.jpg

blend%20white%20shadow.jpg

blended%20eyes%20done.jpg

so once everything is all blended nicely, i curl my lashes and apply a few coats of super fanastic super thickening mascara and then i line my brows gently. If you have darker brows, you may consider putting some lighter powder on them... but since mine are pretty much blonde, I just use a few strokes of the Fling coloured eyebrow pencil to get them as even looking as possible... it drives me absolutely mental that the arches dont match, but that's just the way nature is! silly nature! :b

eyes%20plus%20mascara%20plus%20eyebrows.jpg

Next is the lips:

the objective is to make the lips very even with the rest of the skin tone. my lips are naturally a bit rosey, so they need to be toned wayyy down. I do this by using concealer and poweder.

The first step is to prime the lip. I'm a chapstick addict (holler!!!) so I always prime with some good 'ol chap stick! Napoleon Dynamite would be proud! :b

apply%20chapstick%201.jpg

Then i apply a few dabs of concealer:

apply%20concealer%20on%20lips.jpg

Then i blend in concealer, not caring tooo much about the lip line.. hehe as you can tell. i decided not to crop this pic out cos i found it pretty comical, almost like I was caught making out with my tube of concealer or something equally as werid. :b

concealed%20lips.jpg

Once the concealer is blended in, i will put some studio fx powder and then a big of the pink shimmery loose powder on my lips, to lighten up a tiny bit:

apply%20pink%20powder%20to%20lips.jpg

Then i will fix up the edges and then i dab on a light or clear gloss:

apply%20gloss.jpg

then blend those suckers in with a gentle tapping motion with the very soft pad of the finger! careful not to OVER blend and pull off the powder:

blend%20gloss%20into%20lips.jpg

Once that's done... we're DONE!

here's the final look with a bright flash:

DONE.jpg

completed%20look1.jpg

final look in bathroom lighting:

finished%20look%20in%20bathroom%20no%20flash.jpg

green eye up close:

green%20eye%20up%20close.jpg

blue eye up close:

blue%20eye%20up%20close.jpg

I hope this was helpfull!!!!

Thanks for looking!

-v

Another Janice!

That looks awesome on you!!

And a blue eye and a green eye! How neat! I have only met one other person that had 2 different color eyes (one blue and one brown).

So neat the little things that make us individuals!!!

YvetteJeannine

bouquet.gif
BEE-UUU-TIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! You're the only person I "know" who can say that line: "Green eye is smudged, blue is not"!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never in my whole entire life seen eyes as unique as yours!

Thanks for this...It was a fantastic tutorial...I love how you did close-up pics. of the blending/waterlining you did around your eyes (I have trouble with lining my waterline..every little pic/bit of info helps!)

Thank You!!!:thumbsup:

Esperanza

Nice tut!

Your eyes make-up is really well done (kind of a dramatic look, I love that!) but I'm not quite sure about the concealer on the lips... doesn't it feel too thick, after you dabbed the powder and the gloss?

ch33tah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperanza
Nice tut!

Your eyes make-up is really well done (kind of a dramatic look, I love that!) but I'm not quite sure about the concealer on the lips... doesn't it feel too thick, after you dabbed the powder and the gloss?

Thanks!

Nah, my lips didnt feel cakey or thick at all. if i were to bust out the foundation stick, then yeah it'd feel pretty gross. the concealer is a super liquid super light formula. i ever so lightly dusted the powder on them as well.. once it was all dry, it felt pretty normal. just like i had a bit of chap stick on... with a bit of gloss over top.

a person could also just use a very natural shade of lip stick, but TBH, I'm not a big lip stick fan, so I think I only own 1 lip stick. I just used what I had available to create the look.

if i were to wear this look out to the club or something, i'd probably just gloss up my lips... because the concealer/gloss would only wear off from drinking ;]

the lips are done this way strictly for a photograph.
smiles.gif

Esperanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch33tah

a person could also just use a very natural shade of lip stick, but TBH, I'm not a big lip stick fan, so I think I only own 1 lip stick. I just used what I had available to create the look.

if i were to wear this look out to the club or something, i'd probably just gloss up my lips... because the concealer/gloss would only wear off from drinking ;]

the lips are done this way strictly for a photograph.
smiles.gif

I totally understand :nod:

I have the Select Cover-Up too and it's true that it dries up very quickly on skin, so I assume it works well with powder and gloss on top of it... I've never thought of it to lighten the lips (I use to put some light foundation when needed) an it's definitely a good idea for a photoshoot!

mzcelaneous

Thanks so much for this tut! It has inspired me to re-create this look one day
smiles.gif
You've got beautiful eyes BTW!

First of all the look is gorgeous!!!!!!!

Second of all, you probably get asked this alot, but is your blue eye a contact? Because I wear contacts and it looks like you are wearing contacts when it is red, but it is probably just the camera/redness....
And also it is heard to find a contact that covers dark colors correctly, so it is probably your real color...

haha I'm such a loser.

But it is a beautiful look, especially on you!

ch33tah

Quote:
Originally Posted by exgirlfriend
First of all the look is gorgeous!!!!!!!

Second of all, you probably get asked this alot, but is your blue eye a contact? Because I wear contacts and it looks like you are wearing contacts when it is red, but it is probably just the camera/redness....
And also it is heard to find a contact that covers dark colors correctly, so it is probably your real color...

haha I'm such a loser.

But it is a beautiful look, especially on you!

Thank you very much!
My eyes are naturally differnet colours! My eye colour condition is called Heterochromia. You can read bout it here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterochromia

TBH i'd be too scared to put a contact in my eye!!! the idea of that makes my eyes water! So I'm the last person on earth to ask about contacts! My blue eye is red because it's a bit more sensitive, especially when I put eyeliner on my water line as I mentioned above.

8)

user79

That looks great Victoria, I think the smokey look suits you ver well.

I also sometimes use concealer on my lips with gloss on top. I guess it's a make-up faux pas but I don't care, it's the only way I can get my lips to look the exact same tone as my facial skintone, which is what I want to do with some very smokey looks. And I do believe this technique is used in runway looks too, where foundation is applied over the lips along with the rest of the face to make the lips transparent, and then just a bit of gloss over top.

ch33tah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
That looks great Victoria, I think the smokey look suits you ver well.

I also sometimes use concealer on my lips with gloss on top. I guess it's a make-up faux pas but I don't care, it's the only way I can get my lips to look the exact same tone as my facial skintone, which is what I want to do with some very smokey looks. And I do believe this technique is used in runway looks too, where foundation is applied over the lips along with the rest of the face to make the lips transparent, and then just a bit of gloss over top.

Thanks Jules! Yeah, you now I think I saw the fondation on lips technique when I was watching Fashion Television one day!
lol.gif

"Thank you very much!
My eyes are naturally differnet colours! My eye colour condition is called Heterochromia. You can read bout it here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterochromia

TBH i'd be too scared to put a contact in my eye!!! the idea of that makes my eyes water! So I'm the last person on earth to ask about contacts! My blue eye is red because it's a bit more sensitive, especially when I put eyeliner on my water line as I mentioned above."

OHHH, ok, I knew there was a condition, but you don't see it too often.
Contacts seem scary, but they aren't. It takes a week to get used to them, but then it's just routine and you can't feel them. Use them only for sight though, if you EVER tried to mask your individuality I would be very mad!!! haha.

Seriously though, your eyes are gorgeous!