Dark Eyelids--thinking of using Soft Ochre paint pot to conceal

Debbie

Hey guys/gals!

I have the problem where if I wear eyeshadows, the colors don't turn out as theyr'e supposed to because i have dark eyelids. Someone had another forum about having it go on easily, but I just want to be able to conceal it first, then having something over that so that it's not oily.

Right now, I currently use:

Foundation on eyelids
Then prep + prime
then Smashbox studio primer on lids so that e/s goes on smoothly.

You think soft ochre will do the trick it one step? Or maybe soft ochre over concealor? I don't want too many layers as I already have enough e/s as it stands.

FiestyFemme

My eyelids are kind of darkish too, and usually a thin layer of primer (UD PP, TF Shadow Insurance) plus a Paint Pot is enough to even everything out and cover up any darkness.

Debbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestyFemme
My eyelids are kind of darkish too, and usually a thin layer of primer (UD PP, TF Shadow Insurance) plus a Paint Pot is enough to even everything out and cover up any darkness.

Thank you, would you put the UDPP first or after? I'm guessing after since that's the bonding agent.

makeba

i use a product by Benefit called LemonAid and it conceals dark areas on the eyelid. then i use my eye primer then shadow. the Lemonaid product will help with the darkness on the lid.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie
Thank you, would you put the UDPP first or after? I'm guessing after since that's the bonding agent.

I do it first, because that's what seems to stop the oil and prevent creasing for me. The Paint Pot further evens things out, and also provides a stronger base, making whatever I put on top more vivid. HTHS!

Debbie

Thank you both. I definitely will try that lemonaid thing. Lol..seems like Benefit's speciality is fixes for random issues that we all have.

But yeah, I should've realized that I put UDPP before paint pot as it does make the color more vibrant. silly me