Dark Hair Colour Shampoo

as_cute_as_pie

im thinking of dying my hair darker than it is as you can see from my pic its kinda brown but not as dark as id like it to be
last time i dyed my hair i didnt use a colour shampoo just my normal and it faded really quick
what recs can you give me?
also last time my hair after it was dyed got static really easily like i was constanly plugged into a socket lol anything to prevent this?
thanks
greengrin.gif

thestarsfall

most colour shampoos are actually just moisturizing unless they say they are colour depositing...

Find a gentle pH balanced shampoo and then a light moisturizing conditioner that has SPF in it. The sun is a big factor in fading...

as for static, find a hair serum/shine serum with silicones (look for one with only a few if you have fine hair, more for thicker hair) and smooth that on either wet hair or dry hair...and that should help

user79

L'Oreal Professionel Vitamino Color shampoo is often top rated on various beauty sites and it's really gentle on coloured hair.

as_cute_as_pie

thanks for the replies
yes i wanted the l'oreal one but couldn't find it
ssad.gif

ended up going for a redken smooth down
recomended by the hairdresser after she had a good inspection of my hair
smiles.gif

have to see what its like
ive been using pantene for as long as i can remember so this will be a BIG change
(yes i know all about evil pantene lol)

thestarsfall

Also, try to shampoo less. Like, both use less shampoo (dilute with water in hands) and don't shampoo everyday. Shampoo tends to fade colours more than conditioner does.