dark lips

Whitepinky

hi guys

i have naturally dark lips and i hate it

i love wearing but i notice that the glosses i buy are perfect in the tube but as soon as it hits my lips it doesnt look right.

just wondering what ppl with dark lips use to make them lighter?

i love my baby pinks too much to give them up
ssad.gif

kaliraksha

If you are up for it, you can always put concealer on before lipstick... I dunno how well that would work for gloss though.

Addicted2Shadow

Have you tried any of the dare to wear collection? I have dare to dare and it seems to go on pretty opaque(at least on me it does). Also what about a darker gloss say a plum or purple? Maybe a lipstick instead of a gloss with a clear gloss over it? Hope this helps
smiles.gif

elektra513

Try blending your foundation onto your lips before lining them and applying your lip products. Set with powder. Or try Lip Erase.

berryjuicy

I've found that filling lips in with a similar colored lip pencil (of the shade of gloss) and then applying the gloss has helped tremendously.

martiangurll

I would try a lip pencil to fill in the entire lip with a nude shade that is slightly (barely noticeable) lighter than your lips.

My lips are not pigmented, but I do this to make them nude for smokey eye looks...it works, but you have to be willing to reapply frequently because talking and eating will ruin the effect and the gloss will make the lip pencil wear off faster but it could work to nude out your lips

Smf16

Oh yes I have the same problem! My lips are very dark and pigmented..it does make it hard to wear some glosses. I always have to wear a lipstick under my lipgloss otherwise every lipgloss looks the same..
ssad.gif
I might have to try this lip erase too..I never knew there was such a product.

MzzRach

I agree with the MAC lip erase recommendation - it will create a blank canvas on your lips so the colour you apply to them shows up more "true". Or, you can use concealor in the same way.