dark purple e/s

cloverette

hello
wavey.gif

i'm looking for a very dark purple e/s for the crease. the purplish eyeshadows i own are: shale, flirty number, & mancatcher. i'm looking for something darker though...

which of the following do you think is a must-have & why (lol, didn't mean to sound like an exam question):
- nocturnelle
- plum dressing
- trax
- beauty marked
- something else!?

thanks
smiles.gif

Hawkeye

I would go for a pigment personally. I would go for a Pro pigment.
Grape or deep purple. I like pigments because they are richer in color and really apply nicely.

d_flawless

i like nocturnelle and shadowy lady...plum dressing is gorgeous as well, but it's more pinky-plum on my skin...

ccarp001

nocturnelle, grape pig (NOT eyesafe though), entremauve pig

i have and like trax and beauty marked, but i wouldnt call them dark purples. beauty marked doesnt come out the way it looks in the pot. HTH!

neverfadetogray

beauty marked! good as a liner and you can bring out the purple if you use it over royal hue s/s or a red base (flammable paint), or if it's blended with pinks. grape pigment (although it's pro) also sounds like what you're looking for. :]

labwom

I think Deep Purple pigment is the best Purple if you're looking for a dark one. Grape will be second. From MAC anyways.

cloverette

hey ladies, thanks for your recommendations
smiles.gif

i already have deep purple & grape pigments, but was looking for an eyeshadow. i also have sketch e/s, but don't see it as a purple. it sounds like nocturnelle is what i'm looking for! i'll also have a look at shadowy lady...

thanks again
smiles.gif

GothicGirl

I´ve done a "purple report" some time ago, let me add it here, you might find it useful, since I also don´t think of Sketch as a purple, for me it´s burgundy - and the same goes for the wine shades...
Deep Purple PRO Pigment is no good, it turns brown on skin. Shadowy Lady is a dark plum, not purple at all. Satellite Dreams: mid-tone purple, not that bright, not that dark. Purple Haze e/s is a bright genuine purple, that can look very dark, if packed on. Or try to find Mystical Mist e/s - i´ts been d/c´d, but if you find it, it´s a good choice. There´s also Nocturnelle e/s, but it´s not PUUUURPLE, it´s a bit plummy, but very beautiful. Oh, and stay away from Parfait Amour.

juicyaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistella
Sketch, Nocturnelle, Shadowy Lady
smiles.gif

yes, sketch and shadowy lady for the crease

freaksinunif0rm

Shadowy lady!

It's really pretty and not too dark (so that if you're messy, you won't look like you have a bruised eye).

Beauty marked is one of my favorites, but it's nowhere near purple.

MAC_Pixie04

I personally love Intoxicate, however it is d/c...shadowy lady is supposed to be an awesome sub for it. I also LOVE Nocturnelle for a crease color with purples and pinks.

kimmy

nocturnelle! it's amazing, and soo blendable.
smiles.gif
beauty marked is gorgeous too, but i find it kind of difficult to blend.
winks.gif

Showgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothicGirl
I´ve done a "purple report" some time ago, let me add it here, you might find it useful, since I also don´t think of Sketch as a purple, for me it´s burgundy - and the same goes for the wine shades...
Deep Purple PRO Pigment is no good, it turns brown on skin. Shadowy Lady is a dark plum, not purple at all. Satellite Dreams: mid-tone purple, not that bright, not that dark. Purple Haze e/s is a bright genuine purple, that can look very dark, if packed on. Or try to find Mystical Mist e/s - i´ts been d/c´d, but if you find it, it´s a good choice. There´s also Nocturnelle e/s, but it´s not PUUUURPLE, it´s a bit plummy, but very beautiful. Oh, and stay away from Parfait Amour.

GothicGirl I want to see your purple report! Have you got a link to it?

For my own recommendations, I always use Nocturnelle as my crease colour with purples. As GothicGirl says, it IS more of a plum, but it works well with most purple shades, its a good all-rounder and good 'n dark.

Beauty Marked is one of my all-time favourite Mac E/S but it's not purple, its more like a smoky burgundy.

I'm still on a quest for that perfect, vivid, long-lasting highly pigmented purple eyeshadow and none of the Mac shadows I've found are QUITE right.... a lot of purples go really murky on me.... I'm really looking forward to the purple in the Balloonacy quad, that is, if it even comes OUT in the UK....

GothicGirl

That was pretty much it, dear, hehehe...But you know what? Let me do it again, so I can improve it a bit...I´m an NW15 (or less) purple-obsessed girl. These are the products I currently own:

Pigments

Deep Purple (PRO): This is not purple at all; it´s a dark burgundy in the pot, and it turns brown on skin.
Rich Purple (PRO): Purplish-black matte. On skin, it´s almost black - I mean, you can see it´s a very dark purple, but you have to look close. Blending it with other colors, the purple is a bit more visible.
French Violet (PRO): Matte; beautiful medium-tone purple, my absolute favorite. A "photoshop" purple, can be packed on if you want a darker result.
Violet: Bright medium-tone purple, not so purple as French Violet though. It seems to be a favorite here in Specktra, and I can figure out why, because it is shimmery, bright and really pretty, and it works with more skintones, but if you´re looking for PURPLE, then...Go with the Pigment above.
Entremauve: LE dark purple, stunning, shimmery. Hunt this high and low, if you can. This is what you expect a dark purple to be.

Eyeshadows:

Purple Haze: Matte true purple, very similar to French Violet, but this seems to be a tiny bit darker.
Mystical Mist: d/c´d smoked dark purple, not so dark as Entremauve p/m, but very beautiful nonetheless.
Jeweltone: LE purple, seems like Purple Haze with a bluish undertone. Pretty. Can be layered for different results.
Nocturnelle: dark purple with a noticeable touch of pink-plum. Pretty, flatters most skintones, which explains why so many girls rave about it. If you´re not too demanding about a "true photoshop" purple and is open for the pinkish undertones, this may be a good choice.
Beauty Marked: Is that even purple? No, to me it´s blackish-burgundy. But it´s very nice; just not purple.
Sattelite Dreams: it´s a pretty purple plum, but it´s light. It´s very soft in color.
Parfait Amour: don´t be mistaken by the prettiness in the pot, because this turns sheer lavender on skin. You can try to wear the best shadow base ever, or to pack it on like crazy, it just won´t do you any good. If you want the color in the pot to be in your eye, get Violet p/m.

Shadestick:
Royal Hue: dark purple - ding ding ding! So beautiful...It´s similar to Entremauve in color.

I think that´s it...Endless Love e/s is on my way, maybe if you want I can report it when I try it, as well as Non-conformist fluidline, if you´re interested.

I just remembered something: many talk about Grape PRO Pigment, and of how similar it is to Entremauve, saying that the latter should have never been released. Well, Grape is not eye-safe, while Entremauve is.