Dark Soul Pigment

Rooshi

Hi there,

I recently purchased Dark Soul pigment from Kosmetiques_boutiques on EBay. However, when I compared mine with my cousin's Dark soul pigment, who purchased it from Bella4u, hers look more darker than mine. When I carefully inspected, I could see the A66 typed on the label at the bottom of the jar and not stamped. When I asked Kosmetiques_Boutiques, she says she quarantees the aunthenticity of the pigment. Could you guyz please look into it and lemme know, which one is authetic before i file dispute with Ebay and paypal?

Thanks.

DSC_03161.jpg

DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0313.jpg

DSC_0312.jpg

gigglegirl

To me, the one on the right looks real (or at least closest to it from what I can tell).

The colouring of the product itself and the bottom label of the one you bought makes me wary. The bottom labels of all pigments I've purchased look like the one on the right (except for my pro deep blue green which is a clear label with black printed type--bought from Pro store).

MACATTAK

I hate to say this, but you did buy a fake Mac pigment. The authentic one is from Bella4u. The color is off & that batch label is just like the one I bought, that was also fake (not from this same person). Definitely try to resolve this with the seller (some will just refund you, instead of them getting caught), but if not, start the dispute right away.

I just did a search on this seller & they came up on the fake sellers thread: http://specktra.net/f257/ebay-seller...s-avoid-84107/. I'd definitely look there first before buying any Mac on Ebay...things are getting bad
ssad.gif

wolfsong

The batch code on the sticker at the base of the jars is meant to be printed like the shade name. Some batches of pigments were printed without the batch code, so it was stamped on instead. You can buy counterfeit pigments with both printed and stamped batch codes.

As for your Dark Soul, its looks too blue and too light to me - it should look like a less sparkly charcoal black in photos (or blackish depending on camera/lighting etc used).
Also the sticker on the box looks darker and shinier than the other one, and the box looks like it has a different texture - there shouldn't be a difference in packaging between the two.

Personally, i would take them both to a MAC store to get verified (they cant officially say they are authentic (i.e. give written documentation declaring this), but they can tell you if they are real or not. Dark Soul is a pigment that has been faked for a long time, and in many formulars; so i'd be weary of buying it from anywhere other than MAC.

Xqueeze_me

The one on the left is fake.

THAT is exactly the same one as d.i.v.a-la-g.l.a.m and miss-modern-miss was selling, I believe.

The batch code from those particular 8 pigments range from A56 to A76, from what I can see. The labels on top of the box and bottom of the jars are just off.

DARK SOUL A66
hairaffairdarksoul.jpg

FAIRYLITE A56
hairaffairfairylite.jpg

MELON A76
hairaffairmelon.jpg

Thank you for sharing the comparisons with us, Rooshi.
yes.gif

chocodcocoa

The one on the left looks fake... but like wolfsong said, just because the batch code is printed on doesn't mean it's fake... I have bought many pigments from MAC counters and MAC pro stores with the batch numbers printed on the stickers =)

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooshi
Thank you all for your replies. I showed the pigment to my MA at MAC counter and she confirmed it is counterfeit pigment. I am surprised to see Kosmetiques_Boutiques is still selling the same pigment even after letting her know that it is not authentic.

Brand New NO BOX Full Size MAC Pigment DARK SOUL, Rare - eBay (item 160197451284 end time Jan-16-08 22:04:07 PST)

YES! Confirmed fake. Thanks again, Rooshi.

I'm not surprised to see those fakers still selling their counterfeit crap even after you've informed them and they replied with their "fake concern". All they want is money and they don't really care if its authentic or not as long as the rubbish are sold.

I'm not saying all of them are dishonest but there are more dishonest people/sellers out there on eBay than honest people in my opinion, when it comes to MAC Cosmetics (and some other stuff)!

wolfsong

I would find it very hard to believe she didnt already know the lack of authenticity of her stock. Is she refunding you in full (item cost plus original shipping cost - legally she has to as she sold something other than what you paid for, therefore breaking the contract)?

X_SiN_X

I actually read on this forum that there was 2 shades of dark soul released. I'm not sure which way it went but I know that one of them was substantially darker than the other, If I am correct I'm sure that someone had purchased 2 pigments both were different colours, and that is how the information came to light. Perhaps that is something to ask your MA about, but make sure it is someone that has been there for a while, I had a new girl tell me a few days ago that she was pretty sure there was never a pigment named shimmertime LOL. SO make sure you are actually speaking with someone that knows their products
smiles.gif