Date night make-up

TheDiesel

I am fairly make-up illiterate and I would like some help. My fiance and I are going out on a date night in a week and here is the outfit i will be wearing.

I'm mainly unsure how to do my eye make-up. I typically only wear no tint moisturizer, eye liner and lip gloss. I want something fairly easy. Any help? (I also really hope this is the right section and I apologize if it's not)

on653582-02vliv01.jpg

+

3832-248691-p.jpg

And here's a picture of me...

n501070267_6241985_7044240.jpg

sofie1507

how about using a blue eyeliner on the upper lid? tht will keep it simple and add a pop of colour too? pplus a pink gloss? and your such a cute couple
smiles.gif

anita22

Cute dress! And you are so pretty, your skin is amazing!

I think shimmery copper/bronze colours work wonderfully with turquoise, and also harmonise with your shoes without being too matchy-matchy. Based on what you normally wear, I would keep it simple and fresh - just a sheer wash of colour on the lids will do nicely.

I would start with a shimmery neutral colour, like a champagne or nude, all over the lid (e.g. MAC Bare Study Paint Pot, or Grain eyeshadow ). Then just blend a shimmery copper or bronze colour into the crease and outer corner (e.g. MAC Romp or Bronze eyeshadows). Black eyeliner on top and bottom lashline, and 1-2 coats of mascara to finish.

To finish it off, I'd add a soft peach blush, and a nude or neutral gloss.

Hope that helps. Have fun on your date!!

TheDiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofie1507
how about using a blue eyeliner on the upper lid? tht will keep it simple and add a pop of colour too? pplus a pink gloss? and your such a cute couple
smiles.gif

Thank you! I like this idea, might be a lil bit under what I want. But we'll see!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
Cute dress! And you are so pretty, your skin is amazing!

I think shimmery copper/bronze colours work wonderfully with turquoise, and also harmonise with your shoes without being too matchy-matchy. Based on what you normally wear, I would keep it simple and fresh - just a sheer wash of colour on the lids will do nicely.

I would start with a shimmery neutral colour, like a champagne or nude, all over the lid (e.g. MAC Bare Study Paint Pot, or Grain eyeshadow ). Then just blend a shimmery copper or bronze colour into the crease and outer corner (e.g. MAC Romp or Bronze eyeshadows). Black eyeliner on top and bottom lashline, and 1-2 coats of mascara to finish.

To finish it off, I'd add a soft peach blush, and a nude or neutral gloss.

Hope that helps. Have fun on your date!!

I may play around with this idea. No idea if I can do it myself, but I'm going to try! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursee81
very pretty dress. where did you get it?

Old Navy, they have it on their website too!
smiles.gif

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDiesel
I may play around with this idea. No idea if I can do it myself, but I'm going to try! lol

If all else fails, it's a great excuse to book in a makeover
yes.gif
Usually that's what I end up doing if I want to try out something really new (even better if the cost is redeemable on product!)

Simply Elegant

I would do a neutral eye with a pop of turquoise on the lower lashline with dark brown eyeliner, peachy cheeks and nude lips.

TheDiesel

Thanks so much for all the suggestions! I'm going to play around with all of them. (Depending on how cold it is I'll be wearing a brown sweater too btw)

blindpassion

any shimmery warm bronze colors would go perfectly with that beautiful dress! They would also make your eyes POP!

madnicole

Gorgeous dress - and you have wonderful skin so I would keep your makeup light and fresh - try just a pat of powder on top of the tinted moisturiser. Use a peachy blush and a teeny bit of highlighter on your cheeks. Use a shimmery neutral shadow, and then apply eyeliner as usual on lid, and on waterline. Then, just smudge softly over the liner on your lids with a bronze or coppery shadow - giving you a little more 'smoke' without looking over made-up!
Make sure your colour your lips in with lip liner (avoid it wearing off unevenly) and then finish with a peachy gloss.
Good luck!