date night

lovemichelle

usually every week on thursday my boyfriend and i go out on a date night.. out to a nice meal, go to the movies, play pool or something. tonight he decieded on red lobster since he's dying for steak and he knows i love crab. he wants me to wear my hair up because of the tatoo so any ideas on how i should wear it. i have long black curly hair.

also does anyone else do date nights? i like it because it feels us feel like we just started dating again and keeps the relationship fresh. we see each other every single day.. in the past year there was maybe 2 days we weren't together and usually we just hang out, watch/rent movies drive around go shopping or whatever, but i enjoy the nice nights out too because it's cute and we both can dress up and just have nice quiet quality time in a relaxed setting.

IslandGirl77

I wish I could have a date night. LOL We have kids and nobody to really babysit. I know people that do, do that. I think it's a good idea. As for your hair....I have real curly hair too. I usually wear it in a ponytail or a bun. It's hard to do my hair. Maybe you can do like a French twist or something. I don't know...I'm not to good with hair.

lovemichelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl77
I wish I could have a date night. LOL We have kids and nobody to really babysit. I know people that do, do that. I think it's a good idea. As for your hair....I have real curly hair too. I usually wear it in a ponytail or a bun. It's hard to do my hair. Maybe you can do like a French twist or something. I don't know...I'm not to good with hair.

I was a hair stylist for a long time, but I hate doing my own hair. some days it curls a lot and some days it's just a light wave so i never know how it will end up.

IslandGirl77

My hair is the exact some way. I hate it! I don't ever wear down cuz it's so curly and wild. And to straighten just takes forever. I need to find some products that will work with my hair. I just have to much of it.

litlaur

My boyfriend and I don't have a set night, but since we don't do it often, we can save up for something really nice. A couple of times a year we go to one of the fancy-schmancy restaurants. We don't really do anything really different as far as dates go, but it works for us. We both love going to nice restaurants.

One day he totally surprised me - took me to a museum to see the Van Gogh exhibit, then a fondue dinner
smiles.gif

funKyVibeS*

i think i'd get sick of the person if i saw them everyday like that...you say ur relationship is still fresh?

Pink_minx

wow lovemichelle..you and your bf have a lot in common with my bf and I lol. Just that we do it on fridays and we dont dress up that much but we do go watch a movie at the theatres and eat out somewhere go downtown and stuff. My bf and I see eachother everyday too and he works at hollywood videos so he gets free rentals and we watch movies every weekend or week day whenever we can because we love movies. And we go to the mall every now and then just to walk around. Its fun to have date nights.

lovemichelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by funKyVibeS*
i think i'd get sick of the person if i saw them everyday like that...you say ur relationship is still fresh?

fresher then before.. gets better everyday

Dreamergirl3

We have date nights too! Usually its sporadic, like "hey, wanna go on a date?" or he'll be formal and send me flowers asking me out haha. My bf and I have been together for just over 2 years, and I see him every single day, and spend the night with him too. There are about 2-3 days out of the week where I dont spend the night with him, and the rest of the time we are together. Its amazing!

Besides dinner or/and a movie, anything else anyone does for "date nights?" Sometimes well have picnics or we'll go to the beach at night, sit on the sand and look up at the stars. Or we'll just act like goofballs in public (weird, i know but we love it lol). I'm dying to hear what everyone else does!

Oh and I think a french twist or bun would be cute if you'd like that, lovemichelle
smiles.gif

litlaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by funKyVibeS*

I live with my boyfriend and, nope, not sick of him. We have our spats, but it would take more than just being around each other all the time to break us apart. I always look forward to seeing him after he gets home from work and I get home from work/school.

I think it's better than the beginning (3.5 years) because we know each other very well and can talk about anything.

Peaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink_minx
if you love the person you will never get tired of seeing them everyday.

Agreed.

My bf and I don't do "date nights" but we do randomly go out to dinner whenever we feel like it. I dont know how I'm so happy with him and everything we do, its unbelievable
greengrin.gif

kaliraksha

I agree! We don't do formal date nights... but when we first moved we didn't have many friends of the same sex... to keep each other sane we had trade off date nights where I went with him to things guys would do... and he went with me to do things I would do.

For my date, we went shopping, had lunch, browsed a wedding dress store, had my makeup done at a MAC counter, had a pedicure (I got him one too!).... and came home for hot lovin (extra perk I don't get with my friends). For him, we went to lunch at a chicken wing and beer place, went to check out car audio stuff, rented an action movie (eww) and then we went to a strip club where he got me a lap dance (yay i get a lap dance he gets a pedicure! not cool.)...oh, and the requital lovin!

It kept us sane til we made our own friends... it wasn't always this extreme but it was fun to see each others perspectives... plus when I'm out with my girls and he's out with his guy friends I think we feel more comfortable knowing what each other is doing almost exactly.

Now, we do have date nights... but not as fun as our themed ones. Sometimes I hold boyfriend appreciation day and take him out and treat him and let him pick everything.... but my favorite dates are definitely the ones at home... I cook while he does the dishes... eat at our tiny bar laughing about how glamorous we are... take our two dogs for a walk...go out to rent a movie... start watching it and get too tired to finish and just pass out. 4 years and I love him more than ever... he makes my heart race faster than when we were first in love... it's sickening!

Latest posts