david blaine

Chelly

drowned alive -= he's been in a bubble of water down in lincoln center for 7 days and he's coming out right now - ABC - turn this shit on - so he's goign to come out of the bubble, and then throw some really heavy chains on and pull a harry houdini and get outta the chains in 9 minutes..... freaky? you bet your ass.. anyhoo turn it on - it happens in like 5 mins

Chelly

blaine01.jpg

this is right by my damn job too - too bad i didnt go to work all week :-\ (its only an internship lol)

lara

Gross. Your skin starts to swell, crack and peel after eight hours in the water - he must look like a skinned rabbit by now.

Chelly

mm yeha - his hands are disgusting looking - they're pure white i think - grosssss

btw he didnt do tha full 9 minz - he made it to 7:08 - quitter

mspixieears

He's always pulling weird sh*t like this. He did some stunt where he was suspended in a glass box in the Thames (London, UK) and was rushed off to hospital after the stunt was over and there was this uproar about taxpayers paying for his medical bills when he willingly put his health at risk, it was argued at the time.

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Gross. Your skin starts to swell, crack and peel after eight hours in the water - he must look like a skinned rabbit by now.

Ew!!! Wouldn't the body stop absorbing water at a certain stage, much like a sponge can only hold a certain amount (till you squeeze it out)?

Also, what exactly do you mean Chelly about him not taking 9 minutes? I might've misunderstood, thought he only had 9 minutes to escape, and how is it that he stayed in the bubble for a week, re. breathing-wise?

IslandGirl77

He had on some mask for him to breath and he had a catheter for him to urine. Eeeew! That man looks evil to me for some reason.

lovejam

That man is not a magician. I don't mind that he does what he does (no matter how idiotic and pointless I think it is), but I'm a little annoyed that he calls himself a magician. Starving yourself in a box for 44 days isn't a magic trick, it's just plain stupid.

I'm sorry. I know the man's got fans, but I honestly cannot comprehend why. No offense intended to any of his fans, I just don't see the appeal.

user2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
Also, what exactly do you mean Chelly about him not taking 9 minutes? I might've misunderstood, thought he only had 9 minutes to escape, and how is it that he stayed in the bubble for a week, re. breathing-wise?

Well I'm not Chelly but I can help you out!
smiles.gif

He wanted to set a new World Record for holding the breath under water for 9 minutes.
After 6,5 minutes he had some cramps and two assistants had to go into the water! One to keep his mouth and nose shut, so he doesn't get any water in his lungs and the other one to open the chains on his feet! Then they could get him out and into a hospital!

litlaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by as_cute_as_pie
erm does he have a point?

he seems so like pointless lol

It seems like he's his own boundaries, see what his body can handle. I think the idea is to surpass physical limitations to achieve spiritual peace. I don't really believe that nearly killing yourself is going to help do much of anything, but that's just me.

Or maybe he just likes trying to break world records? *shrugs*

m1zz_sh0rty

^ Yeah, he's trying to push the envelope and see how far he can go. I found him more entertaining with his street magic, this stuff is just weird...I have a certain amount of respect for him for doing what he does even though to some he might seem like a complete idiot
smiles.gif

Classic Beauty

Well, I think it's cool. I mean come on, he held his breath for 7 whole minutes. Seriously, how long can y'all hold it for? 30 secs?