DC'd Items in MAC Stores/Counters

Leven

Okay, so i have always wondered...

You know how at MAC Counters or stores, behind the stands holding all the makeup(or in that general area), there are with DC'd itemslaying around. I was wondering what its for? Can you acutally buy the stuff?

This is because i was at MAC recently, and behind the makeup stands i found the Green Quad for CoC as well as some METAL X shadows, and Dame Edna Trios/Lipstick.

Im always too bashful to ask the Artists working there lol

Thanx
yes.gif

ClaireAvril

I always ask if they have old collections in their stock rooms. Just ask them - if its in stock they would probably love to get rid of it.

TISH1124

My Dillards counter always has DC'd items and they wll sell them if you ask for them...The Mgr there told me they are not allowed to return their LE items ...they are stuck with them unlike the other counters....so I always get some good DC items there

Chrystia

If you see some limited life items hanging out on the counter it means they still have items in stock for sale. I know my store still has Hello Kitty, Sugarsweet, Dame Edna, Brunette Blonde Redhead items still. So check it out, you might find some gold amongst them.

ladyJ

They will usually let you buy them if it is in stock. I've done it a couple of times. I remember going to the freestanding store here and they still had the neo sci fi things lolz.

shy_makeup_girl

i found feline power khol 2 days ago at my counter at the Bay and i was ecstatic!!! they were more than willing to sell it to me
greengrin.gif

saviisneat

My counter never has anything. They sell out of whatever LE items they get. VV sold out in half a day. Mind you they only get a VERY small shipment in.

EUSHANNASIA

i'll definitely have to ask my counter next time i go. last time i went they let me just rifle through the pigment vial bag with extra oj pigments for giving out samples they had by the register and just take what i wanted. eee.
winks.gif

Care

Will they sell it to you retail price or at a discounted price?

retail, you're still buying items from MAC directly, not at a discount retailer like if you found the item at a cco. They usually just don't have the space to display the items from past collections, and/or they've sold most of the old collection and only have a few pieces left.

paparazziboy

My Dillards counter always has DC'd items and they wll sell them if you ask for them...The Mgr there told me they are not allowed to return their LE items ...they are stuck with them unlike the other counters....so I always get some good DC items there
this is so true tish i was pulling all our old LE items we had and just putting them in our stock room i have 2 boxes full of LE stuff. if u any one ever comes to the san antonio tx dillards mac counter and want some LE stuff i will gladly pull out what we have for yall

katred

Specktra Bestie
I've made some great finds going through the boxes on the ends of counters and such. Particularly, the counter at the Bay in downtown Montreal is a great vault of discontinued goodies.