Dealing with the ex-wife.

melozburngr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo
I think that you just need to be more self confident, and know that they will always be part of each others life. I mean 1 < 13 years. Its totally normal to feel that way, you know?

But they do have a reason to be buddy buddy, they lived together 13 years. I mean Im only married for 3, and if for whatever God forbidden reason my husband and I were to split, I know I'd still want him in my life, he is an awesome guy and my best friend over all. When that much time passes by I just think its irrational to think that over night they will cut out all communication.

Try talking to your BF and let him know how the situation makes you feel. If he loves you, he will do what he can to accomodate for you. If not, then I don't think its a healthy place for you to be in.

Good luck!

Just read this...sorry for the delayed response..

While I understand your point about you and your husband, the main difference here is that she is NOT a good person. She is NOT awesome. This is a woman that stole his medication he needed to cope with his illness, a woman who cheated on him 4 times that he knows of in their marriage, a woman who has repeatedly lied to his face. I straight up asked him if he would put up with that kind of behavior from a friend, and he said now, and I asked how she was any different if she was just a friend, and he said "I dunno."

I dunno, regardless of the history, definitely not a friend that I'd want to have.

Ruby_Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by melozburngr
Just read this...sorry for the delayed response..

While I understand your point about you and your husband, the main difference here is that she is NOT a good person. She is NOT awesome. This is a woman that stole his medication he needed to cope with his illness, a woman who cheated on him 4 times that he knows of in their marriage, a woman who has repeatedly lied to his face. I straight up asked him if he would put up with that kind of behavior from a friend, and he said now, and I asked how she was any different if she was just a friend, and he said "I dunno."

I dunno, regardless of the history, definitely not a friend that I'd want to have.

Oh I see. Yeah dude, that sucks then. But it has to be him the one willing to cut such a bad person out.

It happened to my mom, trust me, 17 years of living with my dad, who is not a good person. And when they separated she cut him out. Now they talk only if its about my younger siblings and nothing more.

HE has to make the choice that he wants her out after all she did. If she truly is that horrible, he needs to let that die. Im sorry, but there really isn't much you can do, unless you talk to him and tell him how it makes you feel. Hopefully he will take that into consideration and cut her out you know? Other than that, I don't see what you can do
ssad.gif

Sorry you have to be in that situation, trust me it sucks.

ssad.gif

Latest posts