Death Cab for Cutie

procrastinator

Does anyone else hear listen to them? I started listening to them a few years ago, and I loooove them, especially their CD "Transatlanticism." Some of their songs tend to be a bit sad, but they're not "emo" and they're written so beautifully. My favorites are "Title and Registration" and "Tiny Vessels."

iiifugaziii

i started listening to them when their "something about airplanes" cd came out. and it's funny cause I used to get, "oh my god.. you LIKE THEM? hahaa" and made fun of..;. then years later they got more popular and then he started the postal service and now everyone likes em! but that's a good thing for them. he's a good musician.

ben

i am somewhat ambiviant towards the group, but i have nothing but love for thier latest album, plans, which was released last year.

Jennifer Mcfly

I love them & the postal service!!
smiles.gif

MACBunny

I'm a die-hard Death Cab fan! Ben Gibbard is a lyrical genius and his voice is so expressive. I own almost all of their albums. Two favorites are Transatlanticism and We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes.
th_worship.gif

Procrastinator, you should def. check out We Have the Facts... as well as The Photo Album . Both are amazing albums.

My boyfriend (who is also a huge fan & lives in their hometown Seattle) and I have discussed this in depth... Some people who previously liked them don't anymore because they are so popular now (played on the O.C.). Personally, I think that is just musical elitism. If they're good, they're good! In fact, if you listen to their most recent album Plans (their first release on a major corporate label), it is clear that they are staying true to their roots. If anything, they're the "exception" to the selling-out theory.

Latest posts