Decent drugstore moisturizer?

RoseyPosey

Right now i use Loreal Active Daily Moisture. Its getting old (and im almost out) and so im looking for a new moisturizer.

I say drugstore, because i use it so often and try to save as much money as possible.

I have noraml-combo skin.

Normal-dry cheeks and normal-oily t-zone.

im looking for more of a daytime moisturizer as i use Cetaphil at night. Its just to heavy for me for day time. Ive been trying it and by early morning, i get greasy feeling, and im not typically greasy.

thanks ladies!

fash10nista

I also have the same type of skin and I use Olay Complete All Day UV Defense Moisture Lotion SPF 15. It's not greasy, gentle enough for daily use AND I get a lot of compliments for not looking my age!!! What more can you ask for in a moisturizer?
thmbup.gif

banjobama

Have you tried any Eucerin ones? I used one of theirs up before I starting using my Avon one now, and I think I'm going to buy another bottle of the Eucerin. It was lightweight and had SPF 30.

Sorry I can't remember the name, it was in a smallish (2oz?) bottle with a peach colored cap. Anyway check out Eucerin.

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama
Have you tried any Eucerin ones? I used one of theirs up before I starting using my Avon one now, and I think I'm going to buy another bottle of the Eucerin. It was lightweight and had SPF 30.

Sorry I can't remember the name, it was in a smallish (2oz?) bottle with a peach colored cap. Anyway check out Eucerin.

Totally agree with this recommendation. I have used this on and off for ages and it's lovely. It's called Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion.

Here's a link to it on drugstore.com:

Buy Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion, SPF 30 Online at drugstore.com

RoseyPosey

i will definitely check them out! thanks ladies. i always think of eucerin as being heavy for some reason?

aleksis210

I use cetaphil at night as well...I wake up greasy and I'm not greasy either..I actually just bought that Merlot moisturizer from walgreens 3 days ago and I LOVE it...there's a couple reviews on makeupalley for it. I couldn't believe it had spf in it, it's so light weight and I'm being honest when I say you only need smaller than a pea sized amount to cover your entire face.

RoseyPosey

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksis210
I use cetaphil at night as well...I wake up greasy and I'm not greasy either..I actually just bought that Merlot moisturizer from walgreens 3 days ago and I LOVE it...there's a couple reviews on makeupalley for it. I couldn't believe it had spf in it, it's so light weight and I'm being honest when I say you only need smaller than a pea sized amount to cover your entire face.

the grape seed one?

weird enough, i was just reading reviews on it, so i may try it!

aleksis210

^I think you should I REALLY like it, and it has awesome ingredients in it, it shouldn't irritate your skin or break you out!

jdechant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash10nista
I also have the same type of skin and I use Olay Complete All Day UV Defense Moisture Lotion SPF 15. It's not greasy, gentle enough for daily use AND I get a lot of compliments for not looking my age!!! What more can you ask for in a moisturizer?
thmbup.gif

I have the same skin type as you, and I use Olay Complete All Day UV Defense Moisture Lotion SPF 15. I find it works just as well as any other more expensive stuff I ever used. HTH
smiles.gif

RoseyPosey

thanks girls! i SOOO wish walgreens gave out samples lol.

But, i can always return them if they dont work out!

Thanks girls!

aleksis210

^My walgreens had a tester for the merlot moisturizer...obv. I just applied it to the inside of my wrist though! lol....Hope you find what you want!
smiles.gif

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksis210

I second this. The Merlot grape seed moisturizer is awesome. It really lightweight but stills get the job done in the moisture dept. It really absorbs into your skin and doesn't sit on top like some moisturizers I have tried. I have combo skin and it does a great job in the oily, normal, and dry areas of my face lol. I am thinking about trying the night cream version now :).

revinn

Clean&Clear Day Soft Oil-Free Moisturizer is amazing; I swear by it during the day, and have officially gotten all my friends hooked on it.

RoseyPosey

Quote:
Originally Posted by revinn
Clean&Clear Day Soft Oil-Free Moisturizer is amazing; I swear by it during the day, and have officially gotten all my friends hooked on it.

I was considering this one as well, because i have the clean and clear soft in shower facial, and really like it.

hmmmm.

so many to choose from!

revinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseyPosey
I was considering this one as well, because i have the clean and clear soft in shower facial, and really like it.

hmmmm.

so many to choose from!

I have the same skin type as you, and also use a pretty heavy moisturizer at night (Bio Oil). I find that Clean and Clear Soft sinks in really quickly, and is a great base for makeup. Also, while it isn't listed as a property of the moisturizer, I find that it makes my T-zone less oily while lightly moisturizing the areas that I need it to. I have mildly acne prone skin, and it doesn't clog my pores at all. And it has SPF! I can't rave enough about it.

RoseyPosey

Quote:
Originally Posted by revinn
I have the same skin type as you, and also use a pretty heavy moisturizer at night (Bio Oil). I find that Clean and Clear Soft sinks in really quickly, and is a great base for makeup. Also, while it isn't listed as a property of the moisturizer, I find that it makes my T-zone less oily while lightly moisturizing the areas that I need it to. I have mildly acne prone skin, and it doesn't clog my pores at all. And it has SPF! I can't rave enough about it.

i definitely will check it out. i may buy the merlot one and this one to compare them.

Latest posts