DECORATING! Room by room-POLL

mistella

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
My bedroom is lovely dark garnet colored red. All red sheets... red cover... red velvet curtains.. a red rug... RED ROOM! My furniture is a modem wood color... no other colors.

My bathroom is black counters... dark chocolate concrete floor... and all my bath towels and bath mat and shower curtain are white... like hotel white. I have a huge mirrored area.... so its full of different white candles... long candles, short candles etc.

My living room is red suede couch and black leather ottoman with dark brown leather bar stools... and I have dark chocolate concrete floors with the black marble counter into the kitchen. With stainless steel accents (i.e. vase, picture frame)

I love my apartment.. it's just not complete yet.

you have like, my dream house!!!
my apartment is pretty lame. in my living room i have a black modern looking couch from IKEA, glass coffee table, black TV. the kitchen has dark brown/maroon bar stools. I can picture what i want in my head but somehow, I can't recreate it. I need an interior decorator! but i love dark, cozy colors with bright accents, like black or dark chocolate with red accents.

kimmy

at my mom's house it's like this:

BEDROOM: mish mash of stuff i like. movie posters, music posters, drawings, cutouts, olive green walls and a leopard print bed spread with lots of pillows and stuffed animals.

BATHROOM: white and leafy.

LIVING ROOM: safari-ish. khaki walls and wild cat paintings and pictures hanging on the wall, scattered with a few tanks that hold live snakes.

KITCHEN: right now is pretty much covered in Ajax haha, we kind of have an ant problem.

at my dad's house it's this way:

BEDROOM: red wall with Chinese-esque decor.

LIVING ROOM: cars, cars and more cars (the whole rest of the house is pretty much an extension of the garage, so there's car posters and memorobelia EVERYWHERE)

BATHROOM: no theme...it's just there.

spectrolite

I'm renting so I don't get to paint or anything fun like that. I spend the most amount of time in my room so its the only place Ive really bothered decorating
smiles.gif

My Bedroom: I've got a beautiful cranberry red, fushia and orange Indian bedspread thats made from old saree's on my queen sized futon. On top of that are 6 beautiful Indian cushions with these amazing patterns and textures. On my walls I have my card and postcard collection, as well as a painting my best friend bought me last christmas and some posters. There are at least 150 pictures. There is also an Indian wall hanging that is mostly fushia and pinks. I've got a cute hand painted chest from Rajasthan that all of my MAC and other cosmetics live on as well as this gorgeous carved gold framed mirror.

I love lamps so I have a cute lamp from Ikea with a red light, and a salt lamp as wel as 2 other lamps. My computer table is covered in my favorite toys and various tea light candle holders. I've got some pretty pot plants on my windowcill as well as around 10 different incense burners and lots of bells and a sun catcher hanging in my window. There is also a dressing table covered in my jewellery boxes and perfumes. Next week I'm picking up my new, adorable carved mini bookcase from India. I really <3 my room!
eyelove.gif

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ANTHEM

LIVING ROOM: cars, cars and more cars (the whole rest of the house is pretty much an extension of the garage, so there's car posters and memorobelia EVERYWHERE)

BATHROOM: no theme...it's just there.

thats Exactly Like my dads house too! car posters. car show posters. hes got those.. pictures that light up, and the headlights or something of the car in the picture turn on. hes a car dude. haha