DEEP chocolate bronzers?

I feel like i have spent my life searching for DARK bronzers i missed out on MAC metal rock

Is there anything out there similar?? im nc50 and im sooo tired of all these glittery golden bronzers!!

i want deep chocolate coco shades!
cry.gif

LuvinMyMAC

I know exactly how you feel. I love the way Metal Rock looks, but for now all I can do is cross my fingers and wait for another release from Mac because I don't see myself paying top dollar for it right now.

I've read somewhere that Chocolate Brown pigment is comparable.

well guys.....i hunted and hunted and found someone who has one BNIB so i will send them the money it wasnt cheap but i am a bronzer ho lol!

i think i need to start a petition or something that colour is sooooo perfect so so many women

Curly1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychild09
well guys.....i hunted and hunted and found someone who has one BNIB so i will send them the money it wasnt cheap but i am a bronzer ho lol!

i think i need to start a petition or something that colour is sooooo perfect so so many women

I'd sign that petition!
greengrin.gif

I've never even seen the Metal Rock in person, but a few years ago -- one of my friends, a former MAC MUA who is Asian, kept trying to persuade me to get "this bronzer" that supposedly looks amazing on her chocolate clients. I never tried it and never thought about it again till a few days ago when I decided to try blush, bronzer, etc. for the first time.

I stumbled across a YouTube of someone discussing the Metal Rock, and then I remembered! I immediately went to the MAC website and Ebay to find it, but I couldn't.
cry.gif

SassyMochaJess

Ahhh, i got lucky with mine. My aunt brought it and didn't know how to apply it and gave it to me cuz my family knows im a cosmetics fiend! But i loooove it. Its like no other bronzer.It looks obnoxious but its not. Very WOC friendly! I wish MAC would re-release so you girls can love it also.

blazeno.8

I've also heard the thing about using chocolate brown instead of Metal Rock. On an aside, I've also heard some people say that Cargo makes some good bronzers (not that deep though).

MissMochaXOXO

loreal hip actually has some good deep bronzers! the one i have even has this cool silver sparkle to it! def nowhere near golden. u should check them out, i know there was even a couple darker then the one i picked out.

thanks for all the responses ladies well my previous metal rock fell through shady buyer tried to sell me so ceylon...urgh yeah

however today i just won a bidding war on ebay i will not repeat the cost LOOOL

but i saw the video scandulous done on it and ever since then i have been hooked!!

yeah cargo do nice bronzers just not dark enough for me i like it DARK lool

hmmm loreal hip i will have to go check that out i have a feeling if i love this metalrock bronzer as much as i think i will when it arrives i may run out soon haha

TISH1124

I'm gonna take my Metal Rock out with me this week and do some swatching and see what compares...I swear there is no other deep chocolate brown that I can think of....I will let you ladies know what I find that comes close in color....I may have to hit the WOC lines because it is really dark.

BTW I swapped for all 3 of mine...(YES THREE...Back off)..... 2 on MUA and 1 here on Specktra ....you girls should try to get a swap for one there...A lot of lighterr complexions trade it because they feel it is too dark for them

Twinkle_Twinkle

The Cover Girl Queen Collection makes an Ebony Bronzer and it is the darkest bronzer I have ever come across. I am also on the hunt for more, so I am eager to see what other people suggest. Also you can get Custom Blend bronzer at Prescriptives. If you got it made with Level 6 powder it would be pretty cocoa.

Curly1908

I <3 my Metal Rock. I got it on here -- practically unused and at a fair price!
th_DANCE.gif

Once I learned how to use it, I fell in love. I went to Sephora and tried to find something comparable for the day that I (*gasp*) run out, but I couldn't find anything dark/rich enough.
nope.gif

And I refuse to pay $35+ for a back-up. MAC's website has Chocolate Brown pigment listed as a dupe. Let's hope MAC re-releases Metal Rock in a RockStar Collection with other brown girl-friendly stuff.
shockt.gif

Nadeshda

Trish, have you tried swatching eyeshadows next to it, or are you sticking with face powders?

TISH1124

shockt.gif
Well for starters you would have to kill Twinkle_Twinkle...because she would kill me shortly after

Twinkle_Twinkle

LMAO!!! You are so right.

Also, I think my Bronzer Whore status has graduated to Super Slut because I just picked up one of the new NARS Multiple Bronzers in Rapa Nui. Fabulous. I can see this working well over foundation and under a translucent setting powder.

I also picked up the Giorgio Armani bronzers in #1 and #8. I really want #6 too, but they were out. Anyway, #8 is great for that traditional reddish summer bronzed look. The #1 would be great for year round; it's so elegant.

Next up are the Fyrinnae bronzers in Dark Matte and Dark Shimmer. And of course that means I need the Eco Tools Mineral Set. Wow, I really need to stop.

I'll also post this in the Bronzer For The Bronzed thread in the Beauty Of Color sub-forum.

kimmy

too faced chocolate soliel is a nice chocolate bronzer. it can give a very deep colour if applied heavily.
winks.gif