Deep Shadow Paint

scentofevil

Hey all! another MUAer who's discovered specktra.net, here. :p i'm still getting used to it but i'm LOVING the tutorial section!

anyway, to the point.....i have been having a really hard time with Deep Shadow paint. it's a great color but i just can't seem to get it to go on evenly or blend well. i have a 242 and that works great for applying bamboom all over my lid and up into my crease, but i don't want that much Deep Shadow all over the place...i've tried concentrating it on my lid but it just ends up looking horrible!

i have used it with a 217 with some degree of success...but even that is really iffy sometimes, as it tends to dry very quickly b/c the brush applies such a diffused layer of it. if i'm doing my crease i tend to wedge the brush into my crease parallel to my lashline and give it a couple of swipes, which gives a more concentrated application. to blend it a bit i then turn it perpendicular to my lashline and give it a couple more swipes so that the color is blended out. works wonders with powder e/s but it's really tricky with deep shadow!

any tips/techniques? i REALLY want to learn how to use it before i waste half my tube on botched applications
ssad.gif
TIA!

i don't know if this belongs in the tutorial thread or this thread, so i apologize in advance!

koolmnbv

I apply all my dark paints with my 224 and I also use this brush to apply my fluidliners as paints/bases ..my fav MA showed me this and it's worked pretty good for me. But you might have the same trouble your having with your 217 because they are very similar brushes. Also there is always your fingers. Just get the perfect amount on fingertop and blend away. HTH

brandi

i would try using the 239 brush... paints tend to dry quickly! and if you put too much they start to look flakey!? haha so what i do is... put a little onto my brush then do one eye first then using my 252 brush i pat on my e/s that i want on top! HTH!