Demeter.....

cinkiss

I dont have alot of perfumes, my few standard B&BW sprays and Lucky You for Women, Curve, Tommy Girl... How are the Demeter's? I am really interested in getting a few and wondered what is everyone's favorite scents. I <3 sweet smells.... Suggestions?

mac_obsession

They fade WAY too fast, other than that they smell wonderful...If you buy em I suggest buying the shower gel and or body cream as well..

odium

i just got laundromat and gin & tonic. both are wonderful, but yeah, they fade way too fast. i have to carry the bottle around with me during the day.

jasper17

What the others have said - they fade pretty quickly. I have Ginger Ale and Pomegranate and they're pretty yummy. They're all such good, comforting smells, though.

Cedar

Demeter is sort of magical in that their scents really do smell like what they say they will, but they fade kinda fast. Ah well. I just throw the perfume bottle in with my makeup for the day and refresh as needed. So far, I've tried Laundromat (slightly ozone-y but still nice and fresh), Gin & Tonic, Earl Grey Tea, Angel Food, Snow, Thunderstorm, and Sugar Cookie and I've loved them all.

Shawna

Whoo hooo! For all you Western Canadian girls, I was just in London Drugs and they are carrying Demeter fragrances! I picked up the Sex on the Beach combo for $25 canadian. I am sooooo excited. Yeah, they do fade, but I love spritzing during the day so I don't mind.

Kristen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
Whoo hooo! For all you Western Canadian girls, I was just in London Drugs and they are carrying Demeter fragrances! I picked up the Sex on the Beach combo for $25 canadian. I am sooooo excited. Yeah, they do fade, but I love spritzing during the day so I don't mind.

I was actually about the type the exact same message as you! I went to London Drugs today and was thrilled to bits! It smells so good!

martygreene

The thing is, they are supposed to fade quickly- hence the "pick-me-up" title. They are supposed to be quick bursts of scent that fade quickly, so that you can use another later and not end up stinking like the perfume section of a dept. store.

thegirlgotsoul

I have about 15 bottles of Demeter. I usually like to combine scents to make them smell different, like I usually wear Tomato and Basil together.

I just won the "Hedwig" scent in an auction and surprisingly, I LOVE it. It is supposed to be a combination of crayons, cigarette smoke, booze, cheap motel rooms, hair spray, Gummi Bears and rainy pavement. Weird, yes, but it really does smell wicked good.
smiles.gif

bohogirl

I have the Sex on the Beach fragrance for when I go to well the beach! It fades but I spritz through out the day. It is a true summer smell

Katja

I haven't smelled any of these, funny, I haven't even seen them anywhere I go. I must not be looking at all. But I've been meaning to check them out because they sound very interesting!!

Tomato? ick. But who knows.

msmack

I love sex on the beach! I just bought it tonight! I like a few other scents like... dirt (love to mix it with patchouli oil just for my own satisfaction on camping trips and days off... i know what your thinking...and i dont care!), fuzzy navel, and pink lemonade! They are a lot of fun!

chillipea

Rain and Wet Garden are lovely fresh smells (if you're not into florals) but like the others say, they fade fast.

summer6310

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegirlgotsoul
I have about 15 bottles of Demeter. I usually like to combine scents to make them smell different, like I usually wear Tomato and Basil together.

I just won the "Hedwig" scent in an auction and surprisingly, I LOVE it. It is supposed to be a combination of crayons, cigarette smoke, booze, cheap motel rooms, hair spray, Gummi Bears and rainy pavement. Weird, yes, but it really does smell wicked good.
smiles.gif

sounds so interesting, now I wanna check out their stuff...

Tomato+Basil??? I imagine it smells like a pasta dish or some sort?

roxy

i actually got Laundromat and Gin and Tonic Demeters as gifts awhile back and have never used them. Feel free to contact me if you're interested. Im more into rosier and fruity fragrances =)

Holly

Between the sheets! It's my favourite demeter scent so far! It's a really sweet grapefruit scent, I loooooooove it!