Demo Questions

Chrystia

I ran through a bunch of threads and I have a couple questions I didn't find answers to yet.

1. If we are doing a day to night look, is it acceptable to remove the neutral day lip color to replace it with something more vibrant?

2. This demo is a group demo, so there will be several of us doing demos present. Because of this I'm worried about certain products never being available such as MAC beige-ing stick. Is it acceptable for me to bring some of my own products I know I will need as long as I follow sanitation procedures?

3. I've noticed many of the girls at the counters in my area tend to wear vibrant bright colors. Would you recommend using more vivid color on yourself or stick neutrals?

4. Even if it looks like I won't be the one getting offered a position, is it acceptable for me to ask someone there what I need to work on so that next time I am that person?

Thanks!

VioletB

Here I will try and answer your questions.. I am not hired YET but I had what I really feel was a successful demo interview.. So this is my experience, it may be different for different counters/stores. Also, this is my own personal opinion!!
Quote:
1. If we are doing a day to night look, is it acceptable to remove the neutral day lip color to replace it with something more vibrant?

During my interview when it came time to do my night look, the counter manager I was interviewing with chose the lip color. Yes, I went from nude (Blankety) to red (Viva Glam I.) Night looks usually go for a darker color. (It is also preference.)
Quote:
2. This demo is a group demo, so there will be several of us doing demos present. Because of this I'm worried about certain products never being available such as MAC beige-ing stick. Is it acceptable for me to bring some of my own products I know I will need as long as I follow sanitation procedures?

I would say don't bring your own stuff. I'm sure they have more than one tester of beige-ing shadestick, and if they don't, they probably will accomodate the time for you all. They are very understanding!!
Quote:
3. I've noticed many of the girls at the counters in my area tend to wear vibrant bright colors. Would you recommend using more vivid color on yourself or stick neutrals?

Wear whatever colors you feel comfortable with, however, it probably helps if you show off your makeup skills on yourself!! Have fun, but don't go overboard.. you know how to work it.
smiles.gif

Quote:
4. Even if it looks like I won't be the one getting offered a position, is it acceptable for me to ask someone there what I need to work on so that next time I am that person?

Ask questions!! Of course if you don't get the position, you would want to know what you can improve on, that is ok! That also shows them you are willing to do whatever to work for MAC.
Be confident, and you will be fine
smiles.gif
Hope this helps.

Bernadette

"1. If we are doing a day to night look, is it acceptable to remove the neutral day lip color to replace it with something more vibrant? "

Yes, remove the day lip color with a wipe or Gently Off Eye and Lip Makeup Remover on a tissue.

"2. This demo is a group demo, so there will be several of us doing demos present. Because of this I'm worried about certain products never being available such as MAC beige-ing stick. Is it acceptable for me to bring some of my own products I know I will need as long as I follow sanitation procedures?"

No, do not bring any of your own products. First off, that just seems odd, you wouldn't bring your own products to work there. Secondly, in a real counter situation you will run into this problem so the demo is a time where they can see how you handle it. Either ask whoever is using a product if you can borrow it and then return it to them right after you apply it so that they can finish with it. Or, use something in place of that product. That is what they will want to see you do. Whatever you do, do not sit around waiting for that product, it will show a lack of creativity and abillity.

"3. I've noticed many of the girls at the counters in my area tend to wear vibrant bright colors. Would you recommend using more vivid color on yourself or stick neutrals?"

Wear whatever you feel comfortable with, use it as a chance to show off your skills though!

"4. Even if it looks like I won't be the one getting offered a position, is it acceptable for me to ask someone there what I need to work on so that next time I am that person?"

Absolutely ask! Even if you think you did well, asking for feedback will show that you are willing to learn and that you are open to growth. No one wants someone that can't handle criticism/feedback.

Latest posts