Demo scheduled for possible freelancer...

JamericanDiva

OK... I walked into MAC Pro and told them that I was interested in freelancing. I gave them a resume and a copy of some tearsheets. They asked me to call today to see if I can't set up a demo for them on Friday, which would be day after tomorrow. I have asked my daughter's classmate's Mom to be my model as I don't know anyone who is available during 9-5 hours. Any tips or words of advice? I don't feel nervous in the least, just would like to know what to expect. I don't even know how much to expect to get paid in the NYC area.... it does help that it's a job that I'm passionate about. I'm all ears.... of course I'll be wearing black, that's the "uniform" I always wear when doing a makeup job. Thanks!

JamericanDiva

Thanks for that tip. Actually, that's one of my biggest peeves.... makeup application that has not been BLENDED!!!!!! I got that one way under control. "Blend" is my middle name!!!!

Juneplum

all i can say is U GO GIRL!! i KNOW u have it in the bag!! good luck and let us know what happens!!! booyakka booyakka!! LOL!!

JamericanDiva

Thanks for your vote of confidence!
wavey.gif

JamericanDiva

So said, so done, Miss Junie!!! I did my demo today with no hitches!!! I's a MAC Freelancer now!!!!!!! I have to go and fill out paperwork on Monday. Smooches to you and thanks again for your vote of confidence! I M.A.C. ulate... thanks for offering me advice too!

Janice

I'm a bit late, but CONGRATS! I was looking at your pictures when you first joined and I knew you would totally ace it.
th_wiggle2.gif

iiifugaziii

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamericanDiva
So said, so done, Miss Junie!!! I did my demo today with no hitches!!! I's a MAC Freelancer now!!!!!!! I have to go and fill out paperwork on Monday. Smooches to you and thanks again for your vote of confidence! I M.A.C. ulate... thanks for offering me advice too!

YAY!!! so happy for you!! Do you know when you start? I just got my paper work back (found out I got mac artist position like a month ago..)but I'm finally starting tomorrow!!! nervous, but really freakin excited at the same time!!
smiles.gif
Good luck to you!!! yay for freelancing!!

JamericanDiva

Thanks Juneplum, Janice and iiifugaziii. iiifugaziii, will you be freelancing or working on a regular basis with them? I just filled out my paperwork last Monday, so I haven't been called to work as yet. I'm looking forward to it. I need to keep my skills sharp. Good luck to you as well. You can use me as a sounding board if necessary as we both are with the same company.
wavey.gif

anuy

congrats!! just wondering since i figure u would know... since u went through the process.. do they pick the model? and the 'look'? or do u just use whatever products u want to create whatever u feel inspired to create? thanksss!

JamericanDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuy
congrats!! just wondering since i figure u would know... since u went through the process.. do they pick the model? and the 'look'? or do u just use whatever products u want to create whatever u feel inspired to create? thanksss!

Thanks! This is what I experienced and it will vary I guess... he told me to come in for the demo with a model. If I really wanted to, I guess I could have taken her to a MAC counter and worked out her look. However, I've been doing makeup long enough that I felt comfortable just winging it. When I got there, he was just like, "Give me some really beautiful makeup." Sure, I could have beat her down into a supermodel, but she was dressed so simply and would be headed to work straight after the demo. I decided to keep it clean and beautiful... nothing wild and crazy... just a classical beauty look. Once I was done, he was like, "Congratulations! You're hired." Hope this helps. Good luck to you!

Latest posts