Department Stores and Clear Handbags

tvsnow

I've been working at a counter in a department store for the past month. Not sure if all stores are like this, but we have to have our belongings in clear handbags so Loss Prevention can see them at night. In my time there, I've never seen them actually stop anyone to look inside.

So anyways, I was given a little crappy one when I started but I saw this one at Old Navy today (yay for sales) and picked it up. Now I'm worried that LP will give me a problem because it's not 100% clear. I mean, alot of the girls have designed ones, tinted ones, some of the girls at my counter have old GWP bags that are striped with opaque pink plastic.

I was hoping some of you department store veterans could tell me what you think. Thanks alot!!

AHHH: Old Navy.com is down. I'll post the pic later, but would appreciate stories/experiences of clear handbags and LP, so I don't get stopped tomorrow. This bag is a big bag, no zipper close. It is clear but has white canvas straps, bottom and one pocket.

gigglegirl

I don't think its a huge deal. Obviously since you have it already might as well give it a shot.

They just want to be able to visibly see the contents if they were to stop you, not having some black leather purse that it may be hard to tell what all is in it without dumping everything it.

In my mind from what you are describing, its mostly clear and open on the top so doesn't sound like it'd be hard to peek in if they wanted to.

KikiB

Clear purses make it MUCH easier, I work retail as well and having a fully clear bag would save so much time. No matter what though, our policy is that the bottom of the bag has to be seen, anything that can be open must, and if you have any current product it has to be signed at the time of purchase by a manager. I put my makeup in mesh cosmetic bags so that it is easier for the manager to inspect because that is one less bag to open. Also I use VS Pink's everyday totes because they're wide and easy to inspect, with no pockets or anything.

mae13

Clear bags make it easy for LP to look through your stuff without you having to open anything. Worst case, they make you open it and then tell you to go back to using the standard-issue bag.

MAC*GIRL08

I wouldn't fret over it. I've seen girls with clear bags that have all sorts of designs all over them and no one said anything. I think as long as you can SEE in the bag w/o having to open it your ok.